The Jamaica Trafigura Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    You are so right...there will always be corruption.
    ..and, the corruption will not be confined to one P or another, but will cross boundaries and or titles.

I am hoping that Portia will put down her foot and squeeze the life out of corruption...but, any such move by any leader will be a slow process...and, can or will succeed to the extent that leaders in all areas of the society and, indeed, succeeding leaders decide on 'not changing course' in the fight against it.
    Some slower than others...

Those with power will not GIVE it up.. it has to TAKEN from them.. corruption and power go hand in hand.. 18 years ? Do the Math...

Who is presenting a course than involves enacting legislation to put TEETH into anti-corruption legislature ?

Sistah 'P' ?

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
      Karl

Stop forming the fool.

No matter how widespead the propenity for corruption is, the ones to be held accountable are the ones who are entrusted with POWER.

Stop making excuses for people who trample over our trust and who mock our faith in their integrity.

If BG was caught in the same position, I would be equally as virulent. This rises to a higher level of importance than which side one prefers. You cant be a patriot and waver about this.

You either are for truth and right, or you sell your soul to misguided loyalty. WRONG IS RANG and TREASON is PERFIDY.
      I never have sided with WRANG!
      ...and, I am not about to begin now. I am all for the weeding out of the 'bad' at all levels of government. I have held true to the thought that Portia can and will do just that.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
        18 years slow!

So now your once favoured PJ is to blame. NOW you see that?
        Ofcourse I am disappointed in "pace of growth" and the "rise in levels of corruption" under PJ.

...and, it is no "now you see that" thing. It is something that gradually comes at you.

Cho Willi man, if your Brucie wins the next election (which incidentally I doubt he shall) do you think you would be able to judge on the very first dday or the first few months or first few years whether or not he has gotten a handle on reducing corruption and or improving growth at 'rate of progress' we desire or he is "talking the talk and walking the walk"? Ofcourse not!

Cho man...don't slip to Maudib like and Lazie like levels?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I never have sided with WRANG!
          ...and, I am not about to begin now. I am all for the weeding out of the 'bad' at all levels of government. I have held true to the thought that Portia can and will do just that.
          And this is based on her handling of the Trafigura situation.. right ?

Portia: "You need to ask the PNP about that situation.."

LOL !!

Comment

Ofcourse I am disappointed in "pace of growth" and the "rise in levels of corruption" under PJ.

...and, it is no "now you see that" thing. It is something that gradually comes at you.

Cho Willi man, if your Brucie wins the next election (which incidentally I doubt he shall) do you think you would be able to judge on the very first dday or the first few months or first few years whether or not he has gotten a handle on reducing corruption and or improving growth at 'rate of progress' we desire or he is "talking the talk and walking the walk"? Ofcourse not!

Portia had her opportunity handed to her with Trafigura to separate herself from the Pack.. she FAILED... Status Quo was followed.

Solutrea... Status Quo followed.

Portia Simpson was ALLOWED to be president of the PNP.. a gift from PJ (GOD).. she has to be mindful not to overstep her place.

Argument dun.

Now find another fantasy to cling tuh.

Comment

I think Bruce is going to win 35 to 40 seats.

I give him 6 months and if I dont see tangible progress and the right direction, I will light him up in print right here.

No time to be deceived
              Borther ya gotta know, not just believe
              Mi seh this judgement cannot be with water
              No water can put out this fire, this fire, this fire...

Comment

Working...
              X