Taking NIDS to court ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willi View Post
    Remember...WHEN , not if, the beknighted PNP gets back into power, they will have this apparatus under their full control. Yuh bawl that you dont trust them, so what uyh gonna do, what yuh gonna do when "they" come for you?

Steeeuuups.

Unno recall Omar vindictiveness? Yuh just hand over unprecedented power to a future Omar.

What Holness dem get promised to run this guinea pig scheme pon Jamaica?

National ID can be done over a longer time frame and less invasively.
    Willi, a from bout 1974 dem a talk bout this. It is obvious talking won't bring it into existence. It is my understanding that Estonia has a functioning system and there is a genteman from Estonia helping the team put this together.

They intend to roll it out as a pilot. During that period anything that can be improved, should be improved. Hackers can steal our creditcard info when shopping online. Does that stop us from shopping online? People who have genuine concerns need to raise them. But it is clear the agenda by some is to stop the program, when THEY were the ones who started it. We need to get serious Willi.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Switzerland does not demand invasive biometric data to put in public database that gets hacked often.

Yuh trust any GOJ to safeguard data?
      Willi, don't follow the crowd .....

The chief director said only four biometric data are to be submitted under the NIDS – facial image, fingerprints (10), eye colour and signature.

For persons who do not have hands, an iris scan will be required.

“We anticipate a small percentage of our population will fall into that category; for example, persons who work in an environment where their fingerprints have been eroded (persons using chemicals and farmers),” she explained.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...identity-theft

Facial image, eye colour and signature deh pon the passport and Driver's licence.

Fingerprint would enable the powers that be to determine you being different from Willi Wonka. As far as I know what they are asking for already exist somewhere. So what is the problem in having it all in one place?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Sorry Willi them already have your info from the passport.

This is not much different. They will only use DNA if you your scrub your finger.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Switzerland does not use thumbprint, are iPhones and Android devices in Switzerland

Comment

Yuh skillfully avoided the issues I raised.

Comment

Vein pattern, DNA, etc.
              Big breddah mi seh.

What is the endgame?
              Babylon release the chain...

Comment

?????

Comment

YOU are following the crowd.

Think clearly now man.

Comment

Dont bawl pon mi shoulder when Future Omar light fire Under yuh tail. LoL

Comment

No Willi read carefully. They will take fingerprint. You have a choice. I wouldn't give my DNA but based on what I read it is one or the other. The only way you forced to give DNA is if you have no Thumb print.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

YOU are following the crowd.

Think clearly now man.
                        How so? I just presented the facts. As for Future Omar, isn't that why a law was put in place? Isn't that why a Data Protection Law is now being considered? Nothing is 100% but as the flaws are located simply make the necessary changes. This thing needs to move forward Willi.

Comment

The biometric you worry about are already prevalent by the ordinary user and the security of it is control by Apple and google. So it is a false argument. Don’t follow Peter and Julian talking crap.

Comment

Telemetry is not biometrics.

I dont talk about fingerprint. Vein pattern/blood type/ retina scan, DNA sample, etc.

Nubaddy else naah ask fi dat...YET.

Dem thing deh can use to frame people.

Comment

Telemetry is not biometrics.

I dont talk about fingerprint. Vein pattern/blood type/ retina scan, DNA sample, etc.

Nubaddy else naah ask fi dat...YET.

Dem thing deh can use to frame people.

Willi ... read the bill. Aren't those OPTIONAL?

"Dem thing deh can use to frame people."

Point taken ... hence the data protection act.

Comment

Working...
                              X