Karl can you explain to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl can you explain to me

what is your version of how FINSAC came about and the reason why there was a banking meltdown in the 1990s?

Please keep it to no more than 4 paragraph as I have two babies to take care of and my attention span is very brief right now.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    what is your version of how FINSAC came about and the reason why there was a banking meltdown in the 1990s?

Please keep it to no more than 4 paragraph as I have two babies to take care of and my attention span is very brief right now.

Respek fi di baby caring!

I'll make my answer extremely short - Poor efforts at utilising potential by successive governments from 1944 through to then...and, as it has always been a terrible performing PRIVATE SECTOR!

In a nutshell, it all comes down to "how we managed (manage) the economy" over the years!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Are you saying the government of the day had no responsiblity?
      How can you blame 1944 for something that happen in 1990?
      Are you saying we are doomed because of our history?
      Did the sudden devaluation and raise in interest rate play a major role?
      How is it other countries in the region with similar history can consistently grow their economies and we can't?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

Respek fi di baby caring!

I'll make my answer extremely short - Poor efforts at utilising potential by successive governments from 1944 through to then...and, as it has always been a terrible performing PRIVATE SECTOR!

In a nutshell, it all comes down to "how we managed (manage) the economy" over the years!
        It is just COINCIDENCE that the two largest setbacks to the economy occurred under the PNP.. right ?

LOL !

Comment

Are you saying the government of the day had no responsiblity?
          How can you blame 1944 for something that happen in 1990?
          Are you saying we are doomed because of our history?
          Did the sudden devaluation and raise in interest rate play a major role?
          How is it other countries in the region with similar history can consistently grow their economies and we can't?
          I have said...where we are today has something to do with making use of opportunities over the years....making use of opportunities in times past. It is that way with individuals! It is that way with nations!

It would be extremely silly of anyone to conclude that the immediate past actions of the government of the day has nothing to do with where we are today. To even think of asking such a question smacks of not understanding what was earlier said.

Yet, looking at the present, I can agree with those who claim, "we are poised for 'take-off" as opportunities currently stare us in the face. Our potential for growth is enormous.

Can sticking to core aims - staying the course - with better managing of resources...making use of opportunities propel us into becoming 1st world? Damn right it can!
          Last edited by Karl; August 4, 2007, 12:03 PM.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I have said...where are today has something to do with making use of opportunities over the years....in times past. It is that way with individuals! It is that way with nations!

It would be extremely silly of anyone to conclude that the immediate past actions of the government of the day has nothing to do with where we are today. To even think of asking such a question smacks of not undersatnding what was earlier said.

Yet, looking at the present, I can agree with those who claim, "we are poised for 'take-off" as opportunities currently stare us in the face. Our potential for growth is enormous.

Can sticking to core aims - staying the course - with better managing of resources...making use of opportunities propel us into becoming 1st world? Damn right it can!
            What about the 300 Billion US$ required ?

I thought poised for take-off was the catch phrase for the 2002 election ?

What happened ? Control Tower shutdown the runway ?

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
              What about the 300 Billion US$ required ?

I thought poised for take-off was the catch phrase for the 2002 election ?

What happened ? Control Tower shutdown the runway ?
              I thought I had explained to your satisfaction that reference to needing approximately U$300 billion. Who knows perhaps after you have looked at the various needs you may even arrive at a larger sum?

I do not care who uses 'catch phrases', what matters is, is there any truth to saying "we are poised for take-off"?
              Last edited by Karl; August 4, 2007, 12:04 PM.

Comment

I thought I had explained to your satisfaction that reference to needing approximately U$300 billion. Who knows perhaps after you have looked at the various needs you may even arrive at a larger sum?

I do not care who uses 'catch phrases', what matters is there any truth to saying "we are poised for take-off".
                In 2002 PJ told us we were poised for take-off under the PNP... it is 5 years later.. now you are saying we are still poised for take-off...

Fool me once....

Crediblity = ZERO.

Neither you nor the PNP have the crediblity to criticize the JLP Manifesto.

When the PNP promises "1st World in 20 years" you rally behind them.

When the JLP makes promises... "where is the money going to come from ?"

Karl you have been weighed measured and found wanting.. your interest in not in Jamaica.. your interest is in a Jamaica UNDER the PNP..

You are simply a party hack posing as a 'patriot', a politician without an official platform.. were you to hold office you would be as corrupt as those currently defending their actions.. justifying your acts with 'greater good' philosophy.. secure in your 'love' for Jamaica...

Part of the problem.. not the solution.. nuh worry, is nuff ah your type have dem stranglehold on Jamaica..

Comment

you simple not answering the questions.
                  Is like saying all the past US presidents are to be blamed for the Iraq war.

Comment

you simple not answering the questions.
                    Is like saying all the past US presidents are to be blamed for the Iraq war.
                    Nope! Not the same thing!
                    ...and, I already conceded the point that how the present government performed (hey, there were alternatives to various actions they took) had some bearing.

Remember this includes this government as I also said, it was all in the manner of how each government managed, took advantage of opportunities, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X