Flourgon Sues Miley Cyrus for $300 million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flourgon Sues Miley Cyrus for $300 million

The dispute is in relation to seven words: the lyrics ‘We run things/Things don’t run we‘ in her first single after transitioning from Disney starlet to adult songstress. May has now taken legal action over the theft of the words and wants monetary compensation for the accused theft.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/miley-cyr...131749688.html
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

he's gonna win...they credited slick rick's "la di da di" in the song...why did they think they could get away with not crediting flourgon?

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
      he's gonna win...they credited slick rick's "la di da di" in the song...why did they think they could get away with not crediting flourgon?
      Thieves always think they can pray on the poor. That's why.

Comment

Sister Nancy Said it Took 34 Years For Her to Get Royalties From "Bam Bam"

Thirty-five years after releasing her classic debut album, One, Two, Sister Nancy is having a moment again.

It started in 2016 when Kanye West sampled her iconic song “Bam Bam” on the Rihanna-featured “Famous.” It continued last summer when JAY-Z sampled the same track on his Damian Marley-featured single “BAM.”.

http://www.okayplayer.com/music/sist...e-bam-bam.html
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

A hope Toots get his royalty too because "Bam Bam" was his original. Sister Nancy problem lies with the label who produce the song (Techniques I think). No writing credits or royalty so the producer owned it. Royalties was been paid but not to her, good to see her getting something. It make me sad as her brother Brigader Jerry could have done a lot better if he had recordings. He believed in 12 tribe and Jah Love pushing his career and that certainly didn't happen.

Hope Flourgan get something but I don't think it is anything near that as she only used the words which had no copyrights and not the music. We all know that Flourgan develop that and it is on his original recording but she only use some of the words and depend on how much of it and how many times and this will be decided by a jury.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            Hope Flourgan get something but I don't think it is anything near that as she only used the words which had no copyrights and not the music. We all know that Flourgan develop that and it is on his original recording but she only use some of the words and depend on how much of it and how many times and this will be decided by a jury.
            she used the hook of his hit song in the chorus of her song...the chorus repeats through the song...if she copied the music flourgon wouldn't get paid...the producer would get paid...flourgon has secured the copyright in the US for his composition...miley cyrus song sold 5x platinum in the US alone...

Comment

Bam Bam is Toots and the Maytals ... Sister Nancy sampled Toots

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
              X