Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl on the issue of looking down and people

and been idiots.

Do you realise that some of us would be considered Brown man and some would be considered snubbish by some young turks in Ja who have no idea all the things that you have done and where you are coming from?

It is a slippery slope and I realise that many Jamaicans just see business people in general as been evil. I use to think Bill Gates was selfish because of how he treats his competitiors but with him Branson, and Ted Turner etc it affect my thinking, while some of the Ghetto born artistes who come and stage everyday and fire bun everybody gives nothing constructive back and even though some of them are making a good living if you see them off to the side them a say "wha happen, give mi something nuh".

It is a slippery slope for us to just think some of the things we are assuming without thinking we maybe catergerize in the same boat. Even here in the US it is same thing and sometimes people have no idea what you going through but because it is not in the public domain you maybe called a lot.

That said I will never call any group of people idiots or fools for their views. I may think it is different or even incorrect but none of us is smart enough regardless of education and background because we sometimes make the same mistakes and sometimes been seen as the person we think we don't like. You remember what some people use to think about foriegners when you were younger?
    Last edited by Assasin; August 4, 2007, 02:54 PM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    and been idiots.

Do you realise that some of us would be considered Brown man and some would be considered snubbish by some young turks in Ja who have no idea all the things that you have done and where you are coming from?

It is a slippery slope and I realise that many Jamaicans just see business people in general as been evil. I use to think Bill Gates was selfish because of how he treats his competitiors but with him Branson, and Ted Turner etc it affect my thinking, while some of the Ghetto born artistes who come and stage everyday and fire bun everybody gives constructive back and even though some of them are making a good living if you see them off to the side them a say "wha happen, give mi something nuh".

It is a slippery slope for us to just think some of the things we are assuming without thinking we maybe catergerize in the same boat. Even here in the US it is same thing and sometimes people have no idea what you going through but because it is not in the public domain you maybe called a lot.

That said I will never call any group of people idiots or fools for their views. I may think it is different or even incorrect but none of us is smart enough regardless of education and background because we sometimes make the same mistakes and sometimes been seen as the person we think we don't like. You remember what some people use to think about foriegners when you were younger?
    When defending the indefensible you need to pull all kinda card:

Race Card
    Class Card
    Snob Card

This one is for all the chips suh expect nothing less from the party hacks.

The PNP is about pushing emotional buttons.. it has nothing to do with proper management of a country.. it cannot be because they have failed at that... how can you campaign on failure ?

'Better Must Come'
    'Black Man Time'
    'We put Poor people First'
    'Log on to Progress' (that was a stretch so we back tuh 'championing' the poor again with:
    Moddah 'P'

Its all about the appropriate face fronting for the 'power brokers'

Omar Davis face or Peter Phillips face would have ensured a massive defeat.

The Party has not changed.. just the appropriate face is put forward..

Only problem is, there comes a time when di people nah watch face.. dem a watch dem waist...

Comment

or more rather

wi nah watch face wi a watch di WASTE!

Jamaica HAS TO change course........

Comment

Originally posted by Comment View Post
        or more rather

wi nah watch face wi a watch di WASTE!

Jamaica HAS TO change course........
        "I have a team COMMITTED to CHANGING that course !"

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
          "I have a team COMMITTED to CHANGING that course !"

... and I AM the Drivah!!
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

The problem I am address speaks to the too often saying that the people are fools if they do not agree with the JLP speaker.

I do not mind anyone disagreeing and attacking the 'point of view'...but, the good...well-meaning person/persons behind the thinking should be given full respect.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
            X