RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you imagine if this was a top JLP Candidate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you imagine if this was a top JLP Candidate?

Davies' campaign manager quits
    PATRICK FOSTER, Observer writer
    Wednesday, August 08, 2007

DR Omar Davies, the incumbent People's National Party (PNP) candidate for the tough South St Andrew constituency, has been operating without the services of his campaign manager, Keith Senior, since June.
    When contacted yesterday, Senior admitted that he parted company with the PNP candidate from as far back as early June, but refused to say why.
    "It is best you ask the member of parliament about that," he told the Observer.
    In what appears to be an acrimonious parting of ways, Senior said that he had no intention of campaigning for any other candidate in the upcoming general elections.
    "I am laying low for the time being," he said.
    According to the former campaign manager, he made the decision to leave the Davies campaign team at the beginning of June, before the announcement of the August 27 general election date and he was not fired from the post.
    "I left voluntarily and it was immediate," said Senior.
    Efforts yesterday to contact Dr Davies or his constituency office for a comment were unsuccessful.
    Davies's campaign appears to have been running on automatic pilot since then as yesterday Senior said he was uncertain if anyone, to date, had taken up the vacant position.
    The PNP has held the seat of the violence-prone constituency, which includes the inner-city communities of Arnett Gardens and Rema, for more than 30 years
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

It nuh matter

People would vote for Bredda Anancy if he was running for PNP MP in this garrison.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Why you bother?

What is the function of a campaign manager and how would one such person be of any assistant to a candidate such as Davies in a constituency such as his?

What we need to understand is the effectiveness of the machinery behind the politician and then one can understand things better.

Francis Tulloch for example is a late entrant in West Central St James but he has been able to get some of the best political minds of the area to work with him and as such Clive Mullings will be a one term MP.

Go over to North West St James and no matter what Henry McCurdy does he cant move Horace Chang another veteran politician who has a very good team at his disposal so even though he is away a lot as a Deputy leader, there are people who have not stopped working.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
      X