X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
    as me talk to rhattid...you people are too gullible:

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...ation-payments
    If proof of the robbery is there they will eventually get their/our money. The world is changing bro. Fasten your seat belt big man.

Comment

they aren't offering any money...this is a scholarship/research exchange...and why would UWI be the one receiving the reparations? this is an elaborate PR stunt...

Comment

Agreed.

Dem aggo benefit outta dis too.

Comment

Weakheart!

You are one of them who would have abondoned the struggle. I’m curious why you thought it was or would be a waste of time .... the cause was not just or the belief that we would be denied?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Thank yuh. A weak heart argument dat.....

It’s a struggle that may take years but it must continue .... too many weak hearts out there who would sell them well worth to sit at the masters table ... swiveling coward

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Me personally,I would rather any reparations be pumped into education and infrastructure with an independent international oversight board,with no government official on the disbursement board .
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

And?

Comment

Its not a gift, its a collaboration.

In both sides interest, nothing to do with any repatriations actually. NOTHING.

Comment

A gift linked to the acknowledgement

That your institutions benefitted from slavery.We should be able to figure out the rest,we don't want to be helped to the point of lazyness,with that education and infrastructure we should be able to provide social service for our people.

The point about the gift is it didn't come out of nothing,there is a reason for their behavior.
                    Last edited by Sir X; November 28, 2018, 07:29 AM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Reparations.....I utterly and completely disagree with you though unless and until I can see final details to see.

I know what you think about reparations and I disagree with that position too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                        settle down fellas...this is simply one university offering scholarships & research funds to another university...in other words a farce...why is the "value" (no money is being exchanged) being "given" to UWI? this "money" should be used to overhaul early childhood education in jamaica...but don't let me interrupt the celebrations...
                        Can you imagine the atmosphere around the "reparation trough"......if or when that should happen!! ?

The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Yes Mr Above It All.

SMH if THAT is the extent of your views on the matter.

Comment

Here is what I think...to create an absence of any doubt.

No way in hell any meaningful amount will ever be paid. Unno cyan cuss Babylon and call out them faults and then tun right expect them to take righteous action.

Waste of time to expect dem fi pay. Their POV is that is grandpa dweet and dem no response. Dem just a try survive the shystem like everybody else. Of course, lots of hypocrisy there, but its self serving hypocrisy, the kind that is unshakeable.

But keep on banging you head gainst the wall...

Comment

Here is what I think, they said the same about slavery, colonialism, apartheid, the palestinian struggle.

They will pay !

Comment

Noted.

Let’s agree to disagree on this Willi

Comment

Working...
                                X