St Thomas residents exhale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did you see that?
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

no...but those projects plus the new road system to port antonio will bring tourists with money through st thomas...that's an incredible economic opportunity for the residents of st thomas...keep calm...anju loves the poor so much he's going to make them prosperous

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
        no...but those projects plus the new road system to port antonio will bring tourists with money through st thomas...that's an incredible economic opportunity for the residents of st thomas...keep calm...anju loves the poor so much he's going to make them prosperous
        Bredren if they are sincere about cruise ship tourist for St. Thomas why dont they develop Bowden wharf into a cruise ship dock and stop telling the people BS that they want to increase cruise shop passenger traffic to St. Thomas by developing a dock at Port Royal. St. Thomas people that stupid?. And then develop St. Thomas by expanding NMA?. Its better if these idiot politicians just do what they want to do and stop the BS talking.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
          Where did you see that?
          See what?

Comment

St Thomas residents get their wish

News that two of the top international fast food franchises operating in Jamaica, Burger King and KFC, could set up shop in the planned Morant Bay Urban Centre, received the loudest cheers from several of the residents of St Thomas who had travelled to the old Goodyear factory for the groundbreaking on Wednesday.

According to Holness, this was one of the issues raised by a resident of St Thomas during a meeting held in Morant Bay in the lead-up to the 2016 General Election.

“At that meeting … somebody in the audience said, 'You know that every other town has a Kentucky Fried Chicken'. Well, I'm not here to promote any brand, but I'm using that to make the point that people have certain markers for development and modernity,” said Holness.

“Essentially, what the person was asking was when will the services, amenities, and facilities that are available in other developed areas be available here? This development will give the opportunity for enterprising business persons, and I would say to the business community, get in right now, get in before the buildings are built.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
              St Thomas residents get their wish

News that two of the top international fast food franchises operating in Jamaica, Burger King and KFC, could set up shop in the planned Morant Bay Urban Centre, received the loudest cheers from several of the residents of St Thomas who had travelled to the old Goodyear factory for the groundbreaking on Wednesday.

According to Holness, this was one of the issues raised by a resident of St Thomas during a meeting held in Morant Bay in the lead-up to the 2016 General Election.

“At that meeting … somebody in the audience said, 'You know that every other town has a Kentucky Fried Chicken'. Well, I'm not here to promote any brand, but I'm using that to make the point that people have certain markers for development and modernity,” said Holness.

“Essentially, what the person was asking was when will the services, amenities, and facilities that are available in other developed areas be available here? This development will give the opportunity for enterprising business persons, and I would say to the business community, get in right now, get in before the buildings are built.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/
              A better approach to St. Thomas and eastern Jamaica development would be to develop Ken Jones aerodrome near Port Antonio into a full service internationa airport, none of the Ian Flemming Airport BS, expand the twin harbours of Port Antonio to accommodate multiple cruise ships, fix the road from Harbor View to Port Antonio and develop St. Thomas into the worlds largest Obeah destination. Legalize obeah, kick the thieving Indian spititualist criminals out of our country. Better we sell our own people holo. Retool the Goodyear factory to make obeah candles and obeah oil, and rebrand Bath Fountain into a obeah bath. You wouldnt have hand to serve idiots coming from all over the world headed to St. Thomas and genuine tourist tourist coming to Portland, St. Thomas and St. Mary at the same time. Much better value for money than expanding NMA, expanding Port Royal dock, or investing in fast food crap.

Comment

you must have missed the start of construction on the new morant bay urban centre...the new urban centre that's bringing 3000 jobs in the first phase & 6000 jobs in the second phase...i told you to relax...anju got this...he is a true social democrat...this is how you build a legacy...builda

Comment

I don't think the Airport in Orocabessa is a problem. They said they don't have enough space for to extend the Ken Jones airfield. The drive from the Flynn airport to Port Antonio is about 1 hour. It also give the visitor a change to see some good sites and spend a money.

The Port Royal ship pier is unique as it is natural showing the original pirates and earthquake. I think it is great and also Kingston nearby. Making tourism in Kingston and Portland grow will allow people to travel the eastern coast more which is win for St. Thomas and eastern Portland. I agree with you about Obeah and also revival. Obeah is not just about holo. There is also bush doctors and Poco worship who play a part into this. I think Port Royal is a part of a winning strategy that will sell Kingston as a destination.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

An amazing mentality

News that two of the top international fast food franchises operating in Jamaica, Burger King and KFC, could set up shop in the planned Morant Bay Urban Centre, received the loudest cheers from several of the residents of St Thomas

Pandering to the backward mentality.

With this mentally diseased mindset and the ability of politicians to easily manipulate those brainwashed people with junky rubbish like KFC - dawg nyam wi suppa every which way

Next stop for St Thomas - A parish-wide Pu$$y Bazaar would be an easy sell
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

We have moved the needle and inch,from curry goat / well cook politricks to fastfood / KFC politricks.

Damm ,dem call it progress,mi belly.....lol.
                      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                        We have moved the needle and inch,from curry goat / well cook politricks to fastfood / KFC politricks.

Damm ,dem call it progress,mi belly.....lol.
                        Well there seems to be real progress re the overall investments. The fiscal adjustments since ~2013 (AKA Bittah Medicine) are now bearing fruit in reduced debt loads and surpluses on the GOJ current account...which has allowed a loosened monetary policy even with low inflation and a relatively stable FX rate. That has boosted investor confidence. So that macro situation is positive for sure.

I was just commenting on our ingrained backward mentality which enables manipulation by politicians. In this KFC/Burger King garbage case I found it to be stunning & sad
                        Last edited by Don1; June 29, 2019, 02:34 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

BTW the addiction many have to KFC/Burger King type garbage is the result of 3 primary factors

1. Excessive consumption of Babylon media and the brainwashing effects of long term exposure to its propaganda AKA advertising. - Without any understanding of the science establishing that fast food is really garbage

2, On top of that Babylon science engineers this fake "food" by ensuring the fat/salt/sugar & artificial flavor chemical elements (AKA poison) in the exact ratio its research indicates as the most addictive -- Resulting in tremendous lifestyle disease rates among the brainwashed drones who consume the garbage.

3. Make it as cheap as possible to encourage excessive consumption of the garbage

Jamaicans rank among the world's highest per capita consumers of this Babylon fast food filth. There is a high price to be paid for backwardness

Comment

Agreed,considering we are presumed to be a health conscious nation our lust for fast food is astonishing.

God bless the ital diet.
                            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

cool story comrade...too bad it's utter rubbish...trelawny, with the majority of its population residing in the hilly interior & very few fast food franchises, has the highest obesity rate in jamaica among women...hanover, one of the least-developed parishes & with a dearth of fast food franchises, leads for men...go back over to facebook with your fake news...tek slur X wit yuh

Comment

Look what the puss dragged out... A DUMMY 😂

What we have here is a dummy with an elementary failure of logic.

A. Research establishes that fast food is junk which when consumed regularly tends to result in lifestyle illnesses

B. Many Jamaicans consume large quantities of this junk

C. Jamaicans have a high incidence of lifestyle diseases

D. A, B & C are highlighted in my post but with no claim that junk food consumption is the only or even the primary cause of Jamaica’s high incidence of lifestyle diseases

Dummy responds with random claims re 2 parishes in a futile attempt at refuting my post about junk food

Attention DUMMY— Excessive junk food consumption does result in a predisposition to lifestyle diseases— but so do other factors

Back to yuh dunce corner - yuh next nuh ready fi dis 💪🏿

Comment

Working...
                                X