RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I see posts here saying Portia did better than expected.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see posts here saying Portia did better than expected.

in the debates. That really to me is ultimate disrespect of the woman. What you are really saying is that so low were your expectations of her that you are prepared to excuse that embarrassing debacle that occurred.

I disagree completely. I expected her to do far better than she did. I can't understand why she was so nervous and rigid at the start of the debate, being a very seasoned politician. It shouldn't have rattled her so much.

Secondly, all the questions she was ever going to be asked about, corruption, Phillip Paulwell, her constituency etc. were pretty obvious to everyone and her team should have anticipated these questions and prepared her better to respond. She appeared to me to be extremely ill equipped, without any in-depth grasp of the issues, and really totally unable to articulate answers effectively such was her poor grasp of the English language. The amount of times she was cut off was embarrassing and indicative of her struggles.

I was surprised. Portia could have and should have done better. To say otherwise sells the lady short.

Originally posted by Comment View Post
    in the debates. That really to me is ultimate disrespect of the woman. What you are really saying is that so low were your expectations of her that you are prepared to excuse that embarrassing debacle that occurred.

I disagree completely. I expected her to do far better than she did. I can't understand why she was so nervous and rigid at the start of the debate, being a very seasoned politician. It shouldn't have rattled her so much.

Secondly, all the questions she was ever going to be asked about, corruption, Phillip Paulwell, her constituency etc. were pretty obvious to everyone and her team should have anticipated these questions and prepared her better to respond. She appeared to me to be extremely ill equipped, without any in-depth grasp of the issues, and really totally unable to articulate answers effectively such was her poor grasp of the English language. The amount of times she was cut off was embarrassing and indicative of her struggles.

I was surprised. Portia could have and should have done better. To say otherwise sells the lady short.
    What about her hard to resist Charisma ? Did her personality not shine through ? Did she not connect with you with her mutlitple 4th person references to herself.. Mama !.. it was said with such emotional content... Mama.. Mama will take care of everything... If you cannot trust Mama.. who can you trust..

Anybody know why Portia never had children ?

Comment

Where are your off springs..oh I forgot, it needs a male and a FEMALE to make a child and since sperm cant become children in certain matter you are out of luck.

Why dont you just come out and sink to your base level and call the woman a mule, enough of your fellow Labourites have.

How many of you can make life...not every woman will be able to bear children through absolutely no fault of their own and trust me some shouldnt have children
      Last edited by Sickko; August 12, 2007, 03:40 PM.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

I asked a simple question.

Your response was base.

Check yuhself.

Comment

Did I hurt your feelings buttercup?

You started this...at least three posts referring to Mrs Simpson Miller's not having children.

Some one who claims to be as smart as you claim you are should, be more sensitive to an issue such as this one.
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Your simple question was baser.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Your simple question was baser.
              Hmm.. how else is one supposed to gather information on such things ?

It is not as if I am asking HER at a dinner affair.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                Did I hurt your feelings buttercup?

You started this...at least three posts referring to Mrs Simpson Miller's not having children.

Some one who claims to be as smart as you claim you are should, be more sensitive to an issue such as this one.
                I believe a child of her own would have had a positive effect.

I put out the question regarding her situation to see if someone could shed light on the matter.

Sounds like I hurt your feelings.. based on your rather acerbic response.

Comment

Originally posted by Comment View Post

Come! Come!
                  Your supporters rip her every day claiming she is "not up the job" of being PM. Bruce in the debate continually looked down his nose at her. There were comments being noised about that Bruce was have her for supper...blow her out of the water in the debates. Clear sending of message that her performance would be poor...

...and, you would like us to believe that you were disappointed in her performance? You would ahve us believe that your team did not actively promote "low expectations" of the PM?

Perhaps, you are peeved in that your supporters efforts at building that "low expectations" was bought hook line and sinker...and, the PM performed at a somewhat higher level than the level sold?

I expected more of Bruce...that he won the debate is not in dispute...but, for me he did not blow the PM out of the water. In fact, as I said earlier his strenous defense of PNP programs that he would retain...and his failure to rebut the PM's 'straight shot' on the JLP manifesto being laden with PNP programs and plans made for better acceptance of many of the PM's points.

Aside: Say it again - The PNP should have had an ad on radio/TV as early this morning using Bruce's words on PNP programs and plans that would be kept. I think he said those PNP plans and programs that the JLP would keep were "too many to lists" or some words to such effect.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I know many women who never had any children of their own but that never stopped them from being mothers to many, we read about them all the time..what exactly is your point?
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Mosiah this poster is the most dishonest persons one can ever meet...dishonesty must ooze like puss from his every pore...
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                        I know many women who never had any children of their own but that never stopped them from being mothers to many, we read about them all the time..what exactly is your point?
                        Rather strange that someone that wants to be mother to many would not take pity on a poor orphan and adopt..

She could take a page out of Eddie book.

Comment

Karl, no-one owns the patent on ideas.

You seem to think that good public policy is rocket science.

The trick is in the proper implementation in a timely manner.. something the PNP has been unable to master even when they are properly advised on good policy.

Raise your level.. please.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                            Come! Come!
                            Your supporters rip her every day claiming she is "not up the job" of being PM. Bruce in the debate continually looked down his nose at her. There were comments being noised about that Bruce was have her for supper...blow her out of the water in the debates. Clear sending of message that her performance would be poor...

...and, you would like us to believe that you were disappointed in her performance? You would ahve us believe that your team did not actively promote "low expectations" of the PM?

Perhaps, you are peeved in that your supporters efforts at building that "low expectations" was bought hook line and sinker...and, the PM performed at a somewhat higher level than the level sold?

I expected more of Bruce...that he won the debate is not in dispute...but, for me he did not blow the PM out of the water. In fact, as I said earlier his strenous defense of PNP programs that he would retain...and his failure to rebut the PM's 'straight shot' on the JLP manifesto being laden with PNP programs and plans made for better acceptance of many of the PM's points.

Aside: Say it again - The PNP should have had an ad on radio/TV as early this morning using Bruce's words on PNP programs and plans that would be kept. I think he said those PNP plans and programs that the JLP would keep were "too many to lists" or some words to such effect.

Karl. These are not my points of view:

"Trust me I am very surprised, she is not doing too badly at all and I keep loking for the ear piece as if some one is helping her but I cnat see any..."

"seriously Willi she has exceeded my expectations..."

"I was on the edge of my seat waiting for him to lower the hammer"

So clearly expectations were very low, given these posts, yet you are all satisfied with that abysmal performance.

Portia was out of her depth! She was terrible. She could not even construct her sentences properly and pronounce her words correctly. And she was nervous and rigid throughout.

I am telling you that I did not expect her to be so bad. Many people have expressed embarrassment. And I was for her. It was the last debate. The format was well known. The questions she was going to be asked could easily have been anticipated and therefore prepared for. Why did she appear to have such little knowledge of the issues? Why was there such little substance to her answers? Why were her answers not informed and articulate? Her entire debate was reduced literally to appealing to the population to trust her because she is their "Mama" and she is giving them her commitment. Her response to the question posed about the perilous state of her constituency was particularly feeble and Bruce in his rebuttal was far more articulate and convincing when HE explained why her constituency was so bad and prescribed a solution in the JLP's proposed constituency allocation policy whereby 150 million dollars at minimum will be guaranteed to each constituency each year.

She was terrible and I was genuinely surprised at just how terrible. For you to say otherwise indicates a very low expectation of her and her abilities.

Comment

We don't agree much, but here we do!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X