Those JLP billboards in Portmore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those JLP billboards in Portmore

I am wondering which media/pr company thought up the idea of putting Bobby Pickersgill's photo on the JLP bill boards in Portmore?

I understand it is Grimax and if that is so they should lose the contract immediately.

Given that we are told that we are living in a progressively faster world where people's attention span is getting shorter and shorter and we read less and less, to what end would it serve the JLP to have a bill board with the face of the man they want to get out of office?

Additionally for those of us who cant read so well, you are passing in a minibus and look up at this very colourful bill board and see the face of the MP..what you thinking?

I think the JLP did Pickersgill a favour with those billboards.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

I don't think anybody in Portmore or passing by saw and thought anything except it was hilarious and Pickersgill is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
      I don't think anybody in Portmore or passing by saw and thought anything except it was hilarious and Pickersgill is bad.
      Yuh ever hear bout a man named Balla?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie, I spoke to a marketing person about this yesterday and they said this might work in more developed countries, not the USA she pointed out but in Europe but certainly not Jamaica.

She said they typical person looks at photos first and that is what stays in their mind...which is the reason newspapers will try and get the best photographs for their front pages to grab the readers' attention.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

"TOLL" is adequately differentiated, so people will not think it is promoting pickersgill.

Comment

If the USA had done an ad like that one, the photo would be black and white, grainy and maybe a slash thru it.

You are right. That quality glamour picture of Pickersgill smiling broadly could easily send the wrong message.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

even two horns on it as well and a forked tail as well...they got the best glamour shot of Bobby they could find and put it on the bill board.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                I am wondering which media/pr company thought up the idea of putting Bobby Pickersgill's photo on the JLP bill boards in Portmore?

I understand it is Grimax and if that is so they should lose the contract immediately.

Given that we are told that we are living in a progressively faster world where people's attention span is getting shorter and shorter and we read less and less, to what end would it serve the JLP to have a bill board with the face of the man they want to get out of office?

Additionally for those of us who cant read so well, you are passing in a minibus and look up at this very colourful bill board and see the face of the MP..what you thinking?

I think the JLP did Pickersgill a favour with those billboards.
                I think it is pretty effective... similar to a TV Advert except it is a Billboard.. they could attach loudspeakers to it with a loopback for those that cannot read..

Whenever yuh si Pickergill yuh think Toll... good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                  Lazie, I spoke to a marketing person about this yesterday and they said this might work in more developed countries, not the USA she pointed out but in Europe but certainly not Jamaica.

She said they typical person looks at photos first and that is what stays in their mind...which is the reason newspapers will try and get the best photographs for their front pages to grab the readers' attention.
                  What stays in their mind ?

Pickersgill is running in a Portmore Constituency ?

Would like to talk to this 'marketing person'.. see how their brain works.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    If the USA had done an ad like that one, the photo would be black and white, grainy and maybe a slash thru it.

You are right. That quality glamour picture of Pickersgill smiling broadly could easily send the wrong message.
                    And what message is that ?

Comment

Vote for Bobby?

DUH!?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Vote for Bobby?

DUH!?!?
                        Pickersgill is running in Portmore ?

You guys clearly don't have much worry of pulling any muscles... di way unnuh stretching...

Comment

Okay.

Vote for the PNP!

DUH!?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Okay.

Vote for the PNP!

DUH!?!?
                            So you think seeing a picture of Bobby Pickersgill would entice someone to vote for the PNP ?

Lets follow this thought process..

1. Picture of Pickersgill in Portmore
                            2. Can't read the word 'TOLL'
                            3. Vote PNP

Heh, heh...

STREEEEEETCH....

Comment

Please! We are talking about a billboard on a highway which people may just happen to catch a glance. Wi not talking about seeing it in the newspaper or on the Internet where we have time to examine, peruse, and disect.

In fact, when I saw it in the paper (?) yesterday, my first impression was that it was a PNP ad. If I could feel that way then so could several thousand people. I had to check closely to see who was the sponsor for the ad. I believe the billboard named the JLP website.

So, clearly, it's not as effective as you might believe.

But have fun justifying it. I guess you may have had some input into this less-than-effective billboard.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X