X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As Coronavirus Gallops - Termites expect a Crawling economy

Brace for possible contraction of the economy — PNP
    Sunday, March 01, 2020

KINGSTON, Jamaica—The People's National Party (PNP) says Jamaicans need to brace for a possible contraction of the economy, based on recently released growth data and the emerging adverse global effects of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19.

The party pointed to Planning Institute of Jamaica statistics, which showed that in the final quarter of 2019, the Jamaican economy only grew at 0.1 per cent, and the projection for the 2019/20 fiscal year has been further reduced to 0.6 per cent.

“With growth having ground to a virtual halt in the second half of 2019, and the impact of the coronavirus now looming, the Jamaican economy could well be headed into a period of economic contraction,” the party said in a statement

“Key sectors of the economy are already in negative territory, with the construction sector shrinking by two per cent in the fourth quarter of 2019, and bauxite/alumina in a deep tailspin with the closure of Jisco/Alpart,” Shadow Minister of Finance and Planning Mark Golding said.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

The whole world is contracting right now. No news there.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      The whole world is contracting right now. No news there.
      Of course this is another dummy statement which is now your standard operating procedure.

Growth in JA has been practically flat for several quarters - Obviously predating the virus impact.

With the economic impact of the virus yet to kick in and considering the already relatively flat economy -- that's BIG and that's NEWS which policy makers MUST take into account. Stating that the JLP admin must consider this is good advice...Nothing else

I'm left to wonder just what type of instruction in economics did you receive??

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

you are the dummy here.
        Car buying in China drop 85 percent in the last month
        world shipping drop at least 10 percent
        tourism and cruising shipping has dropped.
        Production drop in all major countries
        How will this not affect Jamaica.

yest there are other factors but who is the dummy here?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51700935

Comment

you are the dummy here.
            Car buying in China drop 85 percent in the last month
            world shipping drop at least 10 percent
            tourism and cruising shipping has dropped.
            Production drop in all major countries
            How will this not affect Jamaica.

yest there are other factors but who is the dummy here?
            Now you're a dummy who has difficulty understanding basic English. The subject of the article is JAMAICA - Not China which is Ground Zero of an emerging global pandemic.

My thesis is that these events WILL affect JA negatively

Consequently and especially because economic growth has been essentially flat for several quarters...the Holness administration needs to be assertive about getting ahead of or a handle on the looming downturn into negative growth.

JA was already close to negative growth...before the pandemic

Now Dummy...kindly excuse yuhself b4 mi affi grab mi Tims fi deal wid yuh proppa

Comment

It doesn't matte. US and China are our two biggest trading partners if they have problem so do we.

The last I heard was 0.1 and that was partially because the bauxite shutdown earlier this year which is maybe 10 percent of GDP or more.

yes you are the smart one.

Comment

It doesn't matte. US and China are our two biggest trading partners if they have problem so do we.

The last I heard was 0.1 and that was partially because the bauxite shutdown earlier this year which is maybe 10 percent of GDP or more.

yes you are the smart one.
                That last sentence makes lots of sense...Thanks a mil

Otherwise it's your usual gibberish. Prior to the virus China was growing @ ~6% and the US ~2.5% which is ok for a huge & mature economy

JA - ~.5%

Comment

Since you have some time now can you tell me any of Peter future Policies?

I ask you when you were very busy. -).

Comment

Since you have some time now can you tell me any of Peter future Policies?

I ask you when you were very busy. -).
                    Not sure where you get your info on "my time". I'm mostly "very busy" FYI.

I've more important issues to focus on at the moment than "Peter's future policies".

But thanks for your interest in my opinion anyway

Comment

Working...
                    X