This one looks really serious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one looks really serious

Well, its going to be a long weekend for Jamaicans everywhere. I remember when Ivan looked like a direct hit a few years ago I spent most of the night on the forum with people like Exile discussing the location, speed etc of the hurricane. Thankfully we were spared the worst of that one but this one looks like a possible Cat5 nightmare scenario.

I have a lot of New Orleans connections so Katrina was a very personal experience for me. I was there up to a few months ago and though there has been some progress in terms of infrastructure it seems that it will never be the same again. Too many people have been displaced for too long for it to heal completely. Since then I have always wondered about Portmore and what the worst-case scenario was for that area.

I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Between election storm, hurricane and stormy financial markets, Jamaica will need all its luck to navigate these dangerous times.

Mi did think that triple play was an IT/Telecom thing!

Comment

Islandman..good to see you...this one is worrying..just called my Mom who is 81 and she seems confident that things are in place (I am not)...tried getting in on standby today but didn't happen...will see how soon I can get in after the storm has passed.....
      Hopw it really shifts north a bit.

Comment

I don't know if I can do enuff to protect myself and property from this hurricane. This one looks bad.

Once again, some are taking it seriously, while others aren't. I can't understand that. Some even experienced Gilbert, so what gives?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

cat4 and possible change in direction...

source: CNN & RadioFrance international...di hurricane mash up martinique.

Comment

Portmore?
              You know that slipped me!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Okay. I just felt and heard the first gust of Hurricane Dean. And the rains have started.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Note: the purple means 100% probability that we will experience tropical storm force winds. DUH!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                  X