Crisis - an opportunity for Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crisis - an opportunity for Jamaica

Some time ago (last year, year before), when we had discussions about Jamaica, I suggested that only a national crisis will iniate change. While this imminent crisis is not welcomed, let's all as Jamaicans hope that we can rise from this in a positive way to move Jamaica forward.
    This shows that the 'politics' of our country has to change and more bi-partisanism doing what is right for Jamaica. There is not a lot of fundamental differences in either political party - maybe, just maybe if we can rise above the politics and not make the post-Dean recovery be a 'politics as usual' matter, we will be the better for it.
    I will make every effort to contribute what I can to the rebuilding of Jamaica for the betterment of all - even if it means I must live there.
    Let us all hope that Jamaica is spared the full bruntof the hurricane and that lives are spared....
    This is a time for the diaspora to mobilize as early as possible for there will be needs...

Why, Exile? Just do like the others and send your remittances. Why live here?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Jamaica is home!

Comment

No man, in the immortal words of Donovan Bailey

Canada is Home...

Jamaica is YARD.

I am very hopeful that however the elections turn out, there will be better party relations.

My one misgiving is Portia's obvious unwillingness to crush the corrupt elements in her party and that could strain relations. I am hopeful that like Bruce, she is tolerating some things until she no longer has to. Still, it shows she lacks faith in Jamaicans to back her in sweeping house.

Comment

True. Fox seems to be givivng the best coverage on Dean in Jamaica...just saw trees in New Kingston...looked mor elike storm wind though.

Comment

Working...
          X