St. Thomas & Hurricane Dean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Thomas & Hurricane Dean

Just spoke to a schoolmate, who lives in Yallahs and works in Kingston (and yes he went to work today). St. Thomas is NOT cutoff as reported. Yes there is some road damage at White Horses, but it is being cleared and passable.

The Yallahs fording is in disrepair, but the alternate route through Easington is driveable.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
    Just spoke to a schoolmate, who lives in Yallahs and works in Kingston (and yes he went to work today). St. Thomas is NOT cutoff as reported. Yes there is some road damage at White Horses, but it is being cleared and passable.

The Yallahs fording is in disrepair, but the alternate route through Easington is driveable.
    Good to know!
    Keep us updated on how the parish fared.
    Thanks!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

With all due respect to you dear schoolmate, I doubt very much he knows what's happening throughout the length and breadth of the parish.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So since yuh know & him nuh know, why not enlighten us?
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Check TVJ. ask Lazie how fi get it pon yuh computa.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Awright Mo - understandable some places get more damage than some. But people eena St. Thomas nuh really cut off as was reported. Mi convice now.

Just got off the phone with my adopted daughter, she lives in Retreat and she said she visited her mother in Golden Grove yesterday. She also said that her aunt who lives in Port Morant, went to work in Kingston.

On Tuesday, her girlfriend, who lives in Belle Castle (near Hector's River in Portland) came to St. Thomas to see her.

So I conclude that people can move around within the parish. And mi happy for that.
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

Really glad to hear that. Hopefully the residents will be able to overcome this setback in the motnhs ahead.

PS Just hearing the names of those towns (Port Morant, Hectors River) bring back childhood memories of the many trips from St Thomas to Portland to visit my grandmother. Plus a few to watch Morant Bay play Titchfield in D'Cup. Most times Titchfield would dust us out and we would tell them, "wait till Eastern Champs next year" when we had a really good girls team led by Cuthbert and a few other stars.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

[quote=Islandman;41775]PS Just hearing the names of those towns (Port Morant, Hectors River) bring back childhood memories of the many trips from St Thomas to Portland to visit my grandmother. quote]

Glad to be of service Sir. I spent a number of enjoyable years along that border, waking up on a hill and seeing the pristine Caribbean sea, and the ships sailing by. It mek wata come a mi yeye
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                X