Me light just come back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me light just come back

Just after 9pm on Tuesday after the passage of the hurricane...I was hoping it would have come back last night after my sister called from across town to say they got back light on Monday night.

My 80 year-old neighbour blames Portia, he was very upset when I got home...he says it was her who told JPSCO to turn off the switch and now dont want to tell them to turn it back on.

It was especially galling as he can look out the window and see all the lights on in MoBay and none nuh reach Mango Walk.

Pity he doesnt have a vote, he chased away the people when they came to reverify him, thought they were fassing in him bussiness or maybe Jehovah's Witnesses, just like how he chased off the nice lady from Statin a few months ago.

Yes one of those very miserable old men who lived in England for decades
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

How long it took you to get back electricity after Gilbert?

Comment

Lol,

If it was up to you, he would still be denied the vote anyway, cause him a farrinah!

Comment

dont twist it breddren...my neighbour went to England in pursuit of prosperity and after getting some thing to live on, like many others of his generation and after, chose to come back home...he has been back for over 10 years now and even though he gets the nice pension in Pounds, never turned in his citizenship.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

During Gilbert I lived in Barnett heights which is a hop step and a jump from the Cornwall Regional Hospital and our water and light was on their main so we got back when they did.

My mother was still living here then and we made adequate provisions, clothes were ashed and food bought.

I know we got back water the day after the passage and got back light about four days days later

In Ivan I was living in Catherine Mount and we were without light and water for a few days.

There are people in MoBay who got back light on Monday afternoon, like Bogue Village and Freeport area so i would say JPSCo did a much better job this time and thumbs up to them..
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Huh?

I know he is still Jamaican. That is the point!!!

Jamaican is Jamaican. Some are not more equal than others.

Comment

Well in Spanish Town, it took 3 weeks for most to get light and 3 months or more to get water. It was the same for town people I knew. Very few got back both in a matter of weeks.

None of these storms can compare to Gilbert.

That was a slow painful all island raking of a very powerful 140mph hurricane.

All I can saw is that despite whatever damage Dean did, I for one am extremely delighted that it was not another gilbert. And for a while I seemed like it would have been.

Comment

A US passport and even the very strange accents we hear some times from those who were born here does not take away from anyone's natural heritage, but once you sign paper, take oath and decide to live else where there are some rights you cant have...period

You seem not to understand, my neighbour has moved back here for years now, pays taxes here and everything and so he has the right to vote if he took up his census that is...
                Che Guevara.

Comment

I understand perfectly, but go back and read your post to see the attitude you displayed about him.

BTW, when he went to England he signed no papers.

If you dont know, even today when a Jamaican migates to England, he or she does not have to register with the police as an alien.

An American has 6 weeks to register or is kicked out of the country.

Comment

Working...
                  X