Willi where exactly are you based

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
    No my memory of Gilbert was not short at all, it was my first hurricane and I can recall vividly from the night before when there was a Premier League game at Jarrett Park and we recalled a red sky.

After securing my house I wewnt to my offcie where I stayed for the duration of the storm as I had a very good view of two major intersections close to down town Montego Bay then walked home in the dark, along with hundreds of others.

At least three persons slept at the office BTW as they could not walk home but anyways I also recall the aftermath and what took place and all that so I am not trying to rewrite history to say it was not bad, it was bad but dont forget that because of the forward speed of the weather system, it never stayed over the island too long.

Just listen to the people who are mostly affected and they will tell you what they are going through
    I know that some got it bad.

However, ALL the island would mash up just like GILBERT IF Dean neva turn. Gilbert was not fast at all and it went over the central backbone of the island, East to west. No way for it to have picked a more perfect distractive path.

I cant believe we even having this discussion.

We have to be grateful for small mercies. If Dean had hit as projected....Jamaica would not be right for 6 months at least.

Comment

Mi know mi woulda migrate. Again! Can't tek di darkness and di lack of water.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        Mi know mi woulda migrate. Again! Can't tek di darkness and di lack of water.
        iT SEEMS SOME HAVE FORGOTTEN. mONTHS AND MONTHS OF DARKNESS AND BUCKET WATER.

And Bajan/Trini soldiers chatting up Jamicn girls. LoL

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
          Figures'??

Karl,
          what U drinking??

Gilbert was a slow direct hit going from East to west over the entire island at 140mph.

It dont tek a phD in physics to tell you the obvious!

Mi nuh haffi wait fi nutten.

I will leave U with this...mek Dean never turn and all a wi woulda been bawling how ALL Jamaica mash up!!!

How quick people forget.

Sigh.
          Willi: Three things -
          Many homes and other building were strengthened after Gilbert.

The construction industry over the years has had - for example, think Westmoreland in the 50s & 60s when I lived in that parish - Kings, New Roads, Silver Springs-Ketto, Little London and Savanna-la-Mar many board buildings with liberal numbers of wattle-and-daub - residential and commercial buildings becoming more and more sturdy. We are this time better prepared.

Finally - I have given thanks to The Almighty for his mercies.
          Last edited by Karl; August 22, 2007, 01:02 PM.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

i look like people inna farin nuh really realise what really tek place inna jamaica wid dean... after talking with plenty people, it seems as it jamaica wreck to backfoot...

mi soldier bredrin call mi an tell mi seh, since gilbert him neva si nuttin like dis... him seh ivan nuh bad suh... he is patrolling in clarendon, and clarendon is wrecked... by his reports based on his fellow squadies, st thomas, mash up bad, portland as well... sections of st ann... tings nuh look too pretty... him all seh up a august town suffer nuff damage... any house weh wasnt solidly built either blow weh or collapse and blow weh...

mi ask him about the elections... him seh it shudda postpone till nexx year... cause de conditions all over de country nuh good...
            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

I never had that experience, I guess it pays to live in a tourist resort town, saying that i do hold a ticket to leave on August 30th, election or no election and will be in New York to celebrate LABOURite (snicker snicker snicker) Day
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                I never had that experience, I guess it pays to live in a tourist resort town, saying that i do hold a ticket to leave on August 30th, election or no election and will be in New York to celebrate LABOURite (snicker snicker snicker) Day
                Yuh a guh a West Indian Day parade? Check it out ... you'll see why man must love God.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

You sure anno Mosiah you talk to and call him soldier ha h aha...seriously though Baddaz i cant see how people cant even be talking about elections at a time like this...talk bout priorities
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

if it was mosiah, mi wudda address him as general... i wudden even mek de mistake of calling him captain... seriously, i've been in contact with various family members and friends in jamaica througout the storm... none of them thought it was that bad until last nite...

i was talkin with a real jdf soldier friend and he was giving me the 411 on the situation... it bad from what him tell me...
                    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

suh yuh vote arready?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Maybe I can pull two strings and vote before I get out of here- ha ha ha- but I doubt the elections will be held before I get back on September 10...I live in an unofficial garrison constituency so my vote might not change anything but that wont stop me from exercising my franchise
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

I had gotten snippets here and there and we heard it was bad but had no real idea until now...
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

you know something the rest of don't?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

No, Portia not taking any of my calls, wonder why. But I am thinking that common sense and decency would dictate that those seeking power and those seeking to hold unto it would put people first and not just in slogan but in real terms.
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X