It is official- September 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is official- September 3rd

GG issued a proclamation renouncing the August 27th election date and the new date is September 3rd.

Well I wont be on the island and will have to join Lazie on the Inter-net to follow the results...
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

So the whining can stop?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

On all sides...

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
        GG issued a proclamation renouncing the August 27th election date and the new date is September 3rd.

Well I wont be on the island and will have to join Lazie on the Inter-net to follow the results...
        damn? does your running mean PNPites abandoning ship?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

General Election date impasse agitates old wounds
          Thursday, 23 August 2007

A contentious stalemate over the setting of a new date for the General Election has ripped open old wounds among senior Government Ministers and Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller and prompted three Cabinet meetings in as many days.

The Cabinet ended its latest emergency session on Thursday evening.

However, this meeting, called in a bid to bring an end to the impasse, reportedy ended without a consensus.

Mrs. Simpson Miller and the Cabinet members have been wrestling since the start of the week with no end in sight to the stalemate.

Most Cabinet members are in favour of the Electoral Commission's recommendation that September 3 be established as the new date for the General Election.

But Mrs. Simpson Miller differs.

The announced postponement of the start of the new academic year also sparked a heated row in one of the earlier Cabinet meetings this week.

Mrs. Simpson Miller is reportedly of the view that the announcement by the Education Ministry was premature and served to force the Prime Minister's hand in setting the new date.

This also reportedly triggered a fiery exchange.

The Prime Minister is reportedly adamant that the election date should be set beyond September 3.

With neither side relenting, the Governor General is yet to receive the formal notice to announce a new date.

This precipitated Thursday's meeting and with the Cabinet sharply divided, the dispute which accompanied her elevation to the post of Prime Minister has resurfaced.

Comment

Ohhh ... thats why yuh wanted a longer wait ... slick.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

LoL

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                General Election date impasse agitates old wounds
                Thursday, 23 August 2007

A contentious stalemate over the setting of a new date for the General Election has ripped open old wounds among senior Government Ministers and Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller and prompted three Cabinet meetings in as many days.

The Cabinet ended its latest emergency session on Thursday evening.

However, this meeting, called in a bid to bring an end to the impasse, reportedy ended without a consensus.

Mrs. Simpson Miller and the Cabinet members have been wrestling since the start of the week with no end in sight to the stalemate.

Most Cabinet members are in favour of the Electoral Commission's recommendation that September 3 be established as the new date for the General Election.

But Mrs. Simpson Miller differs.

The announced postponement of the start of the new academic year also sparked a heated row in one of the earlier Cabinet meetings this week.

Mrs. Simpson Miller is reportedly of the view that the announcement by the Education Ministry was premature and served to force the Prime Minister's hand in setting the new date.

This also reportedly triggered a fiery exchange.

The Prime Minister is reportedly adamant that the election date should be set beyond September 3.

With neither side relenting, the Governor General is yet to receive the formal notice to announce a new date.

This precipitated Thursday's meeting and with the Cabinet sharply divided, the dispute which accompanied her elevation to the post of Prime Minister has resurfaced.
                mine yuh nuh, Willi?
                name yuh inside source?
                a wanda iffen a Peter a yuh infama?

...but, what a prekkie iffen Portia win an fi har people dem haul win?! a den ead wudda roll!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Typical Karl, always mises the bigger point....I have a non-refundable ticket for the 30th which was booked after the announcement of the original date so I could be here to exercise my franchise among other things.
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Well not so fast them talking like dem want to pay the change fee (US$100) so I can stay..mek we see how it go nuh..but even so I am disgusted by this unholy rush
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

One less comrade vote! Just pulling your leg bredrin.
                      "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

US$100 is now the going rate for a comrade vote! Election campaign getting dear now.
                        "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Typical Karl, always mises the bigger point....I have a non-refundable ticket for the 30th which was booked after the announcement of the original date so I could be here to exercise my franchise among other things.
                          baass: yuh fi som-time yuh nuh!

Comment

Sorry Karl

It was RJR news from their website...

Comment

OK!

Comment

Working...
                              X