This is a sad day in Ja's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a sad day in Ja's

history. A great leader rose and was stopped by mechanisms of the few. The same was done to Garvey, this goes to show how far behind in terms of education we (descendants of slaves) are. We have our own schemeing to bring us down for a few pieces of silver. Today JA has written its destiny: Ja has said she doesn't want the burden of charting her own future, she would rather leave it in the hands of the few and take whatever scraps is thrown her way. Ja will never make her mark in the info age. We will continue to be a divided and unstable nation; playing master and slave.

My father is not well, hence I will visit and do all I can for him (because he looked after me as a child) I also have a fiance there so I have to care of my responsibilities. Other than that I know I will not be wanted there so the sooner I can get my family the better.

Wrong attitude Jawge!!!

Now is the time for unity.

Portia is NOT destroyed as a force by this. Only she can destroy herself from here on. Karl is correct in describing her initial reaction. She should be on the phone with Bruce now and they should be agreeing on how to handle this to the benefit of Jamaica.

Jamaica now has a fine balance and the people are now in charge.

Comment

Jawge, you can really talk crap when you ready.

Comment

Jawge,

I guess your father's illness is getting to you. How else could you come with that crappy argument.
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

For you fi even insinuate and compare Portia to Garvey is sheer lunacy.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Sad day indeed and the qoute about Garvey is relevant. Portia's blunder was to wait to long call the election. If she had called it within 30 days of her appointment as party leader then she would have won 37.

Anyhow Vaz seat is going to the courts because he has a US passport.
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Portia compared to Garvey.

Garvey had gunmen that ethnically cleansed constituencies???
              sTeeeuppps, come better than that man.

Comment

BTW, mi nuh like Vaz either and would prefer to see Porteus win and him lose.

Comment

From the constitution
                  1. Subject to the provisions of section 40 of this Constitution, any person, who at the date of his appointment or nomination for election-
                    1. a Commonwealth citizen of the age of twenty-one years or upwards; and
                    2. has been ordinarily resident in Jamaica for the immediately preceding twelve months, shall be qualified to be appointed as a Senator or elected as a member of the House of Representatives and no other person shall be so qualified.
                  2. (1) No person shall be qualified for election as a member of the House of Representatives who-
                    1. is a member of the Senate;
                    2. is disqualified for election by any law for the time being in force in Jamaica by reason of his holding, or acting in, any office the functions of which involve any responsibility for, or in connection with, the conduct of any election, or any responsibility for the compilation or revision of any electoral register.
                    (2) No person shall be qualified to be appointed as a Senator or elected as a member of the House of Representatives who-
                    1. is, by virtue of his own act, under any acknowledgment of allegiance, obedience or adherence to a foreign Power or State;
                    2. holds or is acting in any public office or the office of Judge of the Supreme Court or Judge of the Court of Appeal or, save as is otherwise provided by Parliament, is a member of a defence force;
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

The government is split and don't forget the US influence like they did in Mexico. Portia can't give up as if she did the country would explode.

You are talking about a rebellious nation awash in stockpiles of AK-47's and with guerilla training in the hills of Portland so I say both of them should wait until tomorrow(cool down period) and finish this up.

Why the pressure for Portia to concede before she has a chance to meet with strategist etc.

Something is very very fishy here. Yes you can want the PNP out but let us go about it in a better way please

respect

Comment

Becaause it is the EOJ taht decalres a winner.

There is a clear channel to contest results thru the courts. In any case PNP has the most risk in a recount!

It is pointless to be defiant now.

Comment

for some people once their party loses its' fishy ....mi sick and tired of that mentality!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                          history. A great leader rose and was stopped by mechanisms of the few. The same was done to Garvey, this goes to show how far behind in terms of education we (descendants of slaves) are. We have our own schemeing to bring us down for a few pieces of silver. Today JA has written its destiny: Ja has said she doesn't want the burden of charting her own future, she would rather leave it in the hands of the few and take whatever scraps is thrown her way. Ja will never make her mark in the info age. We will continue to be a divided and unstable nation; playing master and slave.

My father is not well, hence I will visit and do all I can for him (because he looked after me as a child) I also have a fiance there so I have to care of my responsibilities. Other than that I know I will not be wanted there so the sooner I can get my family the better.
                          Was Portia left to hang out to dry by senior members in her party?

There is a rush to see who shall be the cabinet ministers in Bruce's administration? While that is of key importance...there is also another key area to look at - Firstly: How many of Portia's new choices made it? So secondly: The follow-up is, has Portia the numbers to i) remain as new Opposition leader; ii) get rid of some of those who oppose her and name a 'her' shadow cabinet? ...consolidate her position?

...as I said long before this night she had to consolidate or she would have won the elections with and for the 'good old boys' which incidentally included some girls...she delayed the elections and worked on that...does she have the numbers to consolidate her position?
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl the Judas dem inside ah
                            the PNP and they will come to fore wanting to wrest leadership from nanny P's hands. History will record their names of having set back JA for 80 years. Manley's work was never finished in the education the department and today we paid dearly for it.

Comment

both got the same message. I wrote a paper on Garvey while I was at York Univeristy. It still pains me when I recall that the man was rejected by his own people because of discrimination.

I do recall one famous qoute from Garvey... No one wanted to be black. People as black as I and even more so believe themselves to be white!

Portia's greatest liability was that she not from the upper class not even from the upper middle class!
                              The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X