The JLP indicated that if returned to power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The JLP indicated that if returned to power

they will resume hanging. I guess now crime will decrease cause after hearing the JLP won...

... Three prisoners on the run

Three prisoners are now on the run after cutting their way out of the May Pen Police lock up in Clarendon.

Those on the run are Sheldon Grant and Duane Reid, both charged with murder, as well as Shane Henlon who is charged with robbery.

It is reported that shortly before 7:30 Monday morning, the men were not seen in their cells.

According to reports, the prisoners escaped by removing two steel bars from a door following which they then removed a lock on a gate.

The men left the compound by leaping over the perimeter wall at the back of the police station.

(of course the last sentence bout crime decreasing was Lazie loving almshouse ... suh nuh tek it too serious).
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I am waiting for them to roll back the toll on Highway 2000. And I expect that, within the fist 100 days, we shall have a fixed election date and what else?

And we should begin the investigation into Trafigura immediately, and who fi go a jail or unda di jail, mek dem gwaan!

Yay!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

sadly...i am tempted to think that is why pj seh him naw live in jamaica under a jlp gov't!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        sadly...i am tempted to think that is why pj seh him naw live in jamaica under a jlp gov't!!!!
        ...sadly, you shall be disappointed to see PJ shall remain in Jamaica!
        PJ may have resigned from being an MP...but, PJ is still a politician! ...and politicians say all manner of silly things believing the people are silly...and, silly people will fall for their silly ways.

Unfortunately the people more often than not prove
        they are not silly!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          I am waiting for them to roll back the toll on Highway 2000. And I expect that, within the fist 100 days, we shall have a fixed election date and what else?

And we should begin the investigation into Trafigura immediately, and who fi go a jail or unda di jail, mek dem gwaan!

Yay!
          Mosiah, did they say they were going to roll it back? Didn't they say they would approach the owners to renegotiate?

Having a fixed election date requires constitutional reform doesn't it? And for that to take place a 2/3 majority has to vote on it. Thats why I'm sorry they didn't get 40 seats.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

it nuh matter to me whether it stays or goes...is whey pj seh and ....trust me on this, if it was bruce that seh suh unnuh woulda want put him 'pon the plane unnuhself!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Maybe they should have thought about those possibilities before flying off at the mouth, no?

Can't wait for those talks with NROCC to take place!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Maybe they should have thought about those possibilities before flying off at the mouth, no?

Can't wait for those talks with NROCC to take place!
                So .. they're in a position of damn if they do ... damn if they don't. Based on the results last night, the people of portmore are comfortable with the toll.

Comment

Mo, he said he would go negotiate. Not a promise as contracts are binding. Also, it seems the Portmore people love the toll, since they voted for 2 PNP MPs. LoL

Also, the fixed election date pledge has long ago been modified to be fixed max period between announcing the election and actually calling it! That requires a lighter legislative passage.

Comment

Another point.

People seem to be in shock at how gracious and engaging Goldings speech was last night. However, he said nothing new! He has been saying this for a while now and the essence of it is in the manifesto!!!

Heck, there was even a columnsit writing about it, saying that Golding wanted to give too much power to the opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                      Another point.

People seem to be in shock at how gracious and engaging Goldings speech was last night. However, he said nothing new! He has been saying this for a while now and the essence of it is in the manifesto!!!

Heck, there was even a columnsit writing about it, saying that Golding wanted to give too much power to the opposition.
                      Good politicking by Bruce. If he had lost, he had set the tone for his inclusion in managing. If he won...damn he did win...he it was (is - sigh) holding out the olive branch. If it works - he wins more ammunition to be returned to power. If it does not work - it is the opposition PNP's fault and more ammunition to return him to power.

Win-Win situation for Bruce!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                        it nuh matter to me whether it stays or goes...is whey pj seh and ....trust me on this, if it was bruce that seh suh unnuh woulda want put him 'pon the plane unnuhself!
                        dem wudda...mi wudda seh - politicking! same difference, nuh matta which-a side.

Comment

Bruce have other things on his mind right now than returning to power. How about cutting crime and free education?

He achieve them and grow the economy him nuh fi worry bout politics.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

ok ... play di game....

Comment

How simplistic, to believe the people of Portmore considered this election a referendum on the toll - sigh.

How about the fact that they have a house "built by the PNP"? Could that have weighed more heavily in their decision-making yesterday?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X