Despite what Lazie and others may think about the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Despite what Lazie and others may think about the

intelligence of the Jamaican electorate (though he may now suddenly think they are smart) it seems to me that the Jamaican people have picked the best available choice most of the time since independence, when you consider what was known of the available choices at the time. Maybe the only two I would question would be 62 and 89.

Certainly in the last 15 years or so there has been basically one choice as Eddie Seaga nearly destroyed one of the founding institutions of Jamaicas democracy.

Now when the PNP is dealing with its own issues as it realises it made a great blunder in thier last presidential election and the JLP has made a remarkable comeback since ridding itself of the Seaga cancer, they have once again made the correct choice and sent them on thier way to sort it out and come again.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Yes, interesting to hear Lazie's view of the Jamaican people now.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      intelligence of the Jamaican electorate (though he may now suddenly think they are smart) it seems to me that the Jamaican people have picked the best available choice most of the time since independence, when you consider what was known of the available choices at the time. Maybe the only two I would question would be 62 and 89.

Certainly in the last 15 years or so there has been basically one choice as Eddie Seaga nearly destroyed one of the founding institutions of Jamaicas democracy.

Now when the PNP is dealing with its own issues as it realises it made a great blunder in thier last presidential election and the JLP has made a remarkable comeback since ridding itself of the Seaga cancer, they have once again made the correct choice and sent them on thier way to sort it out and come again.
      Sorry Islandman! How many people voted PNP in this election? We darn lucky as less than 3000 voters was the difference between changing course or staying the course.

I don't question the electorate for what happened in 89 however, 93, 97 and 2002. Tilla or Gamma have a saying bout one whatever maketh not a summer.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

One more thing Islandman! Lets us look at the intelligence of the Jamaican people ... lets take Karl for example ..

Dun...made my comment that the PNP needs to regroup and begin immediately planning and working towards election 2012. In my mind, One term is too much for the JLP!

Start the campaign to remove them, NOW!

This from a joker that wanted the PNP to get a 5th term. The JLP hasn't taken office as yet, so without seeing if they will fail or have a positive impact him already come to a conclusion.

A while back you objected when I said that Jamaica is PNP country, last nite listening to NNN more and more people agreeing with me.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

So, I guess the Jamaican people are still idiots for not giving Bruce a landslide victory.

Oh well!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Jamaica is not a "PNP country". Historically both parties had a fanatic base (people like Karl, Jawge, BenJ) that were more or less the same. What happened over the last 15 years was the Seaga almost destroyed the JLP base while the PNP retained theirs. Now they have a chance to repair it, nothing suceeds like success as them say.

Me know you is a statistics man so you should know better than that. Before the Seaga vs gang of 5/highway men/biway men/young turks fiasco of the last 15 years, what was the victory count for the PNP and JLP since 1944?
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The other thing is, the young people of this country do not view it as PNP country. If they had bothered to get enumerated, the victory would have been bigger for the JLP.

Yes, Jamaica is PNP country right now, but it does not have to remain so, and you are right, islandman, in your analysis of the situation.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                Jamaica is not a "PNP country". Historically both parties had a fanatic base (people like Karl, Jawge, BenJ) that were more or less the same. What happened over the last 15 years was the Seaga almost destroyed the JLP base while the PNP retained theirs. Now they have a chance to repair it, nothing suceeds like success as them say.

Me know you is a statistics man so you should know better than that. Before the Seaga vs gang of 5/highway men/biway men/young turks fiasco of the last 15 years, what was the victory count for the PNP and JLP since 1944?
                Funny, when you were on sabbatical (away from the forum) there were a few times it came up. PJ said it, Michael Burke said it, one fanatic from my parish said it. As one voter in Central Manchester said, ... know what I will try and find the article for you, cause mi guh leff out a word mi hear say mi a tell lie.

" what was the victory count for the PNP and JLP since 1944?"

Thats how you look at it? I never focus on winning elections. PJ didn't lose one and is the WORST PM we've been cursed with. I focus on the mangement of the nation's affairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                  One more thing Islandman! Lets us look at the intelligence of the Jamaican people ... lets take Karl for example ..

Dun...made my comment that the PNP needs to regroup and begin immediately planning and working towards election 2012. In my mind, One term is too much for the JLP!

Start the campaign to remove them, NOW!

This from a joker that wanted the PNP to get a 5th term. The JLP hasn't taken office as yet, so without seeing if they will fail or have a positive impact him already come to a conclusion.

A while back you objected when I said that Jamaica is PNP country, last nite listening to NNN more and more people agreeing with me.
                  So I am an idiot for wanting my party to immediately start working toward victory the very next time we go to the polls?

...no thought that to win next time, if your party performs well means the PNP MUST GIVE REASONS TO THE VOTERS that the "JLP's well" must be topped?

I'll say it again, whether exuberant or in despair we need to keep our heads! Going off at the deep end helps no one!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

18 years is a looooong stretch...it was almost a dictatorship! that is the shock...yuh know seh most people unda 25 will only remember a pnp government?!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                      So I am an idiot for wanting my party to immediately start working toward victory the very next time we go to the polls?

...no thought that to win next time, if your party performs well means the PNP MUST GIVE REASONS TO THE VOTES that the "JLP's well" must be topped?

I'll say it again, whether exuberant or in despair we need to keep our heads! Going off at the deep end helps no one!
                      No ... not because of that. What you would think of a man that say, "The figures may well be true, but no black dwag fi monkey fi me" after seeing statistical data that proved who managed the country better?

Comment

how can you focus on working together when your immediate thought is how to win the next election?!!! this shows disregard not so much for the government as for the people for whom the government should work!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! government not even sworn in yet!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Islandman, here is a snippet of an article from the Gleaner. Tell mi if these people intelligent!

"Sally Porteous could talk all she wants, but PNP doesn't lose elections in Central Manchester," explained Rodney Honeywell, a construction worker from Bellefield, Manchester, as he poured white rum from a bottle at a bar in the predominantly PNP district a week ago. "It doesn't matter who you hear saying what, she will not win this seat."
                          His colleague, a show promoter from Knockpatrick, Manchester, who goes by the name 'John Wayne', also weighed in. "John Junor has set the trend around here and we will not allow his legacy to die," he said.
                          "I will not tell you that Sally Porteous would not make a good Member of Parliament. What I am telling you is that she is in the wrong party."
                          Pressed on whether there was any sort of fatigue with a government that had been in power for 18 years, Honeywell said: "Eighteen years, 25 years, it's all the same. You will never again see a JLP government in this country," he said to a chorus of laughter from other agreeing patrons." The lone female in the bar, Theresa Williams, added this gem: "Let me tell you something, Mr. Newspaper Man," surmising that I was a reporter because I had been busy jotting down their every word. "We will not switch because this Sally woman is out there screaming to the world about how bad things are. Things are bad everywhere and if we are going to suffer, let us suffer under Sister P (Portia Simpson Miller). Write this down: 'Bellefield will never vote for the JLP'."

Comment

You have similar fanatics on the other side. Hell, you seem to be one!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              You have similar fanatics on the other side. Hell, you seem to be one!
                              Well, since you used the word "seem" I'll simply brush mah shoulders off.

Comment

Working...
                              X