PNP candidate for South St. James rejects loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNP candidate for South St. James rejects loss

People's National Party candidate for Southern St. James and former Member of Parliament Derrick Kellier is refuting official pronouncements by Director of Elections Danville Walker that he has lost the seat.

Mr. Kellier argued that it was completely out of context for the Electoral Office of Jamaica to make such a statement.

"They should be more responsible with those pronouncements. The fact of the matter is that no counting has taken place since morning and nothing has changed since last night,"

"The boxes are being transferred to the EOJ office in Kingston for the final count and it is out of character that it should issue any such statement about the result and the count has not yet been done. My report and I am standing by my report out of the results of the boxes that we have had and the results is that I have won," said Mr. Kellier.

Mr. Kellier says he has requested that Mr. Walker clear up the matter.

"I don't know where that misleading information came from and I know the EOJ has been usually careful but this one needs to be corrected,"

"I didn't get through to the director's office so I left a message so that people will know that the seat has not been declared as the count has not been done and the count will be done sometime tomorrow because the boxes are on their way to Kingston and they will arrive late tonight so I don't see any counting tonight until tomorrow. I am very sure that I have won the seat by some 200-odd votes,"

Mr. Kellier's opponent is Montego Bay's Mayor, the Jamaica Labour Party's Noel Donaldson.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    People's National Party candidate for Southern St. James and former Member of Parliament Derrick Kellier is refuting official pronouncements by Director of Elections Danville Walker that he has lost the seat.

Mr. Kellier argued that it was completely out of context for the Electoral Office of Jamaica to make such a statement.

"They should be more responsible with those pronouncements. The fact of the matter is that no counting has taken place since morning and nothing has changed since last night,"

"The boxes are being transferred to the EOJ office in Kingston for the final count and it is out of character that it should issue any such statement about the result and the count has not yet been done. My report and I am standing by my report out of the results of the boxes that we have had and the results is that I have won," said Mr. Kellier.

Mr. Kellier says he has requested that Mr. Walker clear up the matter.

"I don't know where that misleading information came from and I know the EOJ has been usually careful but this one needs to be corrected,"

"I didn't get through to the director's office so I left a message so that people will know that the seat has not been declared as the count has not been done and the count will be done sometime tomorrow because the boxes are on their way to Kingston and they will arrive late tonight so I don't see any counting tonight until tomorrow. I am very sure that I have won the seat by some 200-odd votes,"

Mr. Kellier's opponent is Montego Bay's Mayor, the Jamaica Labour Party's Noel Donaldson.
    Where did you get this?
    ...and, what time was it posted?
    ...has the re-count been completed since the statement was given? ...if so, has a result been announced and who was declared the WINNAH?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

if not the EOJ then who?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        And "last night" when the final box was counted he had lost. So what is he on about?

Comment

It is all over the radio news.

Comment

Working...
          X