‘Despacito’ Steely & Clevie File Copyright Infringement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Despacito’ Steely & Clevie File Copyright Infringement

Despacito, the song with the most-viewed music video on YouTube, is now under scrutiny after Dancehall label Steely & Clevie Productions filed a copyright infringement lawsuit alleging that several songs recorded by Reggaeton singer Luis Fonsi infringed on their intellectual property rights.

According to the lawsuit, which was filed in a California Central District court, the Puerto Rican, whose given name is Luis Alfonso Rodr
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

slam dunk case...they were just sitting & waiting for one of those reggaeton songs to really hit...

Comment

.... but has Luis Fonsi been in violation? I listened to a few of his tracks since day and have not come across any. I recall when I just moved here and going into Sears electronic area, they were blasting the Showtime riddim and I'm saying to myself, how come I've never heard this track ... t'was in spanish.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
      X