• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica and the world lost another musical giant

R.I.P. Robbie Shakespeare

Last note

Legendary bass player Robbie Shakespeare dies at age 68

LEGENDARY Jamaican bass player Robbie Shakespeare was yesterday described as “one of a kind” by keyboardist Robbie Lyn, one of the many artistes and musicians who rode Sly and Robbie's Taxi label and had a front-row seat to Shakespeare's genius.

Shakespeare died at age 68 yesterday at his home in Florida, United States.

According to Lyn, Shakespeare's story transcended music. “He came from a challenged background and made a name for himself. Robbie worked himself into a position as someone to respect,” Lyn told the Jamaica Observer.

No official cause of death was given at press time, but Shakespeare had been ill for an extended period.

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/fron...8?profile=1606
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

RIP Robbie a giant musician and a gentleman. I notice he was in Miami for a while while Sly link up with other bass players but I never knew he was that ill. Sorry to see a part of the riddim twins leave the music scene.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

RIP Robbie!
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
      X