So out of 123 songs that were

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So out of 123 songs that were

submitted for the festival competition, only 3 was good enough? I am not surprised.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

surprise there was 3.

Comment

It is a sad case. Music production is very bad in some parts. There is the established artists and producers who are few in numbers who continue to produce good stuff but now without the Dancehall DJ and singing to test songs, many good producers missing and everybody have studio thing watering down the music.

Also Jamaica made its mark in world music with drum and bass. Now they are taking out the Bass out of the music. The influence of Jamaican bass can be heard in R&B etc. from Soul to Soul, Rod Stewart, Clark sisters, Herbie Hankock (Rock it) "genius of love" Grace Jones, Gwen Guthrie to name a few. Without the bass in the music and speeding it up, it just dilute my interest. With bad singing it is a recipe for horrible music.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
      X