RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jamaica truly the festival capital of the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Jamaica truly the festival capital of the world?

As I write this article, I am leaving the lovely island of Grenada. My experienced was lined seeing groups of people in strong preparation for their carnival in August. I then boarded my Caribbean Airlines flight to Port-to-Spain and here again was a discussion of how they were so looking forward to carnival 2023. It got me thinking: Do “we” really appreciate here in Jamaica the type of world-class events we have and offer? Do we really understand the significant economic impact these events are having? When you think about it: Are we the genuine festival capital of the world and just do not realise it? Do we have one of the greatest world festivals in Jamaica Festival and just not know it? The answer to that question is dual sided.

So back to Jamaica Festival. Do you realise that this year we will have 27 days of festival?

July 10 – Jamaica Carnival9 (Carnival in Jamaican style)

July 18-23 – Reggae Sumfest (The greatest reggae music concert on earth)

July 29- August 2 – Dream Weekend (Negril)

August 5-8 – Best Weekend Ever (Ocho Rios)

August 6 – Grand Gala (Kingston)

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busi...-of-the-world/
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015
Working...
X