FBI more than the JLP bargained for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI more than the JLP bargained for

The announcement by Jamaica's Minister of Finance Dr Nigel Clarke, while appearing as a political statement to divert criticisms of lack of effective oversight of the non-deposit financial sector, effectively closing the gate after the horse has escaped, could have far greater implications than the minister intended and much broader reach than he contemplated. The most recent report on Dr Clarke's expectations was revealed in the February 2 front-page article in the Jamaica Observer headlined 'No place to hide'. The minister is reported to have said that the involvement of the FBI would extend beyond what was initially expected. He shouldn't have been surprised. I am not.

While the SSL fraud is not comparable to some of the most egregious acts penalised by FinCEN and the US Department of Justice in the past, penalties are likely, even if of lesser proportions. The US generally fries the minnows with the sharks. No one is exempted.

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colu...bargained-for/
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Only the JLP? So no comrades dont invest with SSL.... Ah bwoy.....

Comment

Him trying everything to bring down JLP government. Andrew might give him heart attack. Him need another trip soon. LOL!!!
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

When I burned the fiyah on the PNP , I was the Labarites best friend , now I burn it on the JLP , I am persona non grata.

Hussssshhhhhh election soon run, unnu aguh Jump for joy or bawl like dawg get rockstone.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

When you bun fire, not when you try to create stuff, whether on JLP or PNP tearing down people because it sound good or you suspect and have no facts is not something I support in no way now or will never.

• Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Talk to the jamaican newspapers and vloggers , thats my source of information. I look forward to your critique of me when I blast the PNP when they get back in power soon

Hussssshhhhhh.

Comment

There is no newspaper that accuses the PM of doing anything wrong in this case. You and your Vloggger or whatever they are jumped a mile trying to mix up Clarke, the PM and others in this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                Talk to the jamaican newspapers and vloggers , thats my source of information. I look forward to your critique of me when I blast the PNP when they get back in power soon

Hussssshhhhhh.
                True and it is childish and disingenuous when they tried to paint this broad stroke. I saw one illiterate blogger wont call his name who tried to link the SSL to PM house then he stopped and jumped on to something else. I saw Mark Golding who once owned a wealth management firm with Bunting and Chris Derhing tried to liked JLP investment with SSL to say there is a correlation when he knows that's not the case and that could easily be DB&G or Proven.. Unno too wicked , thats why I cant take anything you say as fact. Case an point the people them upset about child restraint , and I agree it was not practical, but you know that was on the books since 1999 brought in by Omar Davies, Why dont they say that.....

Comment

Well at least you give me credit for citing my sources, as per what is childish or disingenous thats based on one's perception. The link between SSL and the P.M is clear, what type of dealings they had you and I dont know, so to disregard it as disingenous when in the fact the P.M has not declared his assests or source of income is far reaching and reeks of political tribalism to cover,excuse or shield the P.M by extension the JLP, who recieved numerous red flag warnings of the company's failings, before and after the P.M withdrew his money.
                  Last edited by Sir X; February 10, 2023, 03:53 PM.

Comment

All you just said is nothing but gossip and not even the good one. Show a reliable source that link this to the PM or Clarke etc. No reputable organization accuse the them of been involved is SSL. If is any other bank that he had accounts you woulda say the same thing.

Comment

What bothers me two distinctly different reactions for same events, has any of green flag waving ites gave their opinion what the SSL did to our icon Bolt?
                      What about Nigel absurd declaration, he did not see the report.. untill after the shenanigans of the SSL was bruited?
                      Where is the response of casting doubts if he was a PNP official?
                      Clearly some among us are putting party before Jamaica ,and logics .
                      What I want to remind you treasonous J'cans is your party ,in response to the to the notice of intent to extradite a the JLP strongman for Western Kingston ,said the boogie man is trying to damage the party, and the unhelpful things that occurred afterwards to the detriment of Jamaica are clear lessons of the consequence of prioritizing party above everything.
                      You guys are subscribing to that very thing..

Comment

Working...
                      X