Opposition Polls say 43 percent of Jamaican

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opposition Polls say 43 percent of Jamaican

are better off and 24 percent remains the same 32.5 say the are somewhat worst off.

https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...-improved-2020
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Polls? Let's hear about the budget presented. Mi notice since Dr. Clarke tek the floor, Xcuse missing.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Missing , seen this story before from you clowns , last time the JLP lost , you start bombarding the site with all type of propaganda. Don't hate me because I call it as I see it, you guys are going to lose the local or general election, probably both and it has nothing to do with how good you are running the country . Because truth be told the PNP would do just as good a job, it's the perception of corruption that's on the ballot , as it was with the PNP before you .

People are left with 2 perceptive choices , 1) the rob and share party or 2) The other that rob for themselves.
      ​​​​​. All the PNP has to message is they will rob and share and deal with corruption. They will last as long as people buy into their perception of change, then when that message wears out, its back to the other corrupted party with the same message with a different title.

Keep drinking the cool aid.
      Last edited by Sir X; March 8, 2023, 05:36 PM.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The PNP had their chance and never make much of it so how they were going to run it same way?? There has been so man policies that this government has made that the PNP wouldn't do. I can name them. Even one of the Xs was singing praise of the economic improvement after a visit not so long ago.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The PNP built the foundation under IMF/ World Bank restraints with Chinese developmental projects for this JLP government to reap the benefits. ( Something you and your ilk will never admit ). I am glad they did a good job with the economy, is it good enough ,hell no !, Am I obligated to them , hell no !. . It can always be better . The same apathy that caused, the PNP to be voted out will hit the JLP . The perception of corruption and the middle class and poor not feeling the economic benefits of the job they are doing . Look ,paying down the national debt must be felt by the middle class and poor , not just the elite.

It's time for the JLP to go ,my reasons and positions are clear. You seem to have a problem with me giving the JLP credit and wanting them out , typical tribalist reasoning, tunnel vision based off raw emotional loyalty.

​​​​​​
          Last edited by Sir X; March 9, 2023, 08:25 AM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

that bandoolo pnp poll come like when trum seh he had the biggest inauguration crowd. Scamma dem
            "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

A sign of the times or things to come !

More J’cans willing to vote in next general election

https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...neral-election

Peter Espeut | It’s not apathy, it’s rejection!

Supporters of Jamaica Labour Party and People’s National Party pose for a photo after casting their vote during the local government election in November 2016.

I did the field research for my undergraduate long paper (a poverty study) in the foothills of the Blue Mountains in Portland, and for my master’s thesis on rural (under)development I took up residence in the foothills of the John Crow Mountains in St Thomas.

Many (if not most) of the residents thought I worked for the government (“You must work for the government! How else do you get paid?”)

“I have a scholarship,” I answered. “How did you get your scholarship?” they enquired.

As much as I was seeking information (I interviewed everyone in the community four times with different questionnaires) the residents pumped me for information, particularly about my political affiliation. “But you must support one of the parties!” they insisted. “How could you survive? How will you get a job?”

That small rural community of 74 households was politically divided, with an active People’s National Party (PNP) group and Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) branch. I learnt much during my sojourn – about rural underdevelopment and poverty – and about how politics has divided our people and created a binary mindset. Mental slavery has several drivers, and one set of slave masters is rooted in our tribal political system.

https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...-its-rejection

It seems to me that the pathology is on the other side. Rather than showing apathy, the data show an active rejection of both the PNP and the JLP. The Jamaican public very much cares about things political, and have rejected what the two parties have on offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                The Jamaican public very much cares about things political, and have rejected what the two parties have on offer.
                Is this a new thing since we gained Independence?
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                X