Diaspora wary about future investment in Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diaspora wary about future investment in Jamaica

But Jamaican-born former FBI agent Wilfred Rattigan believes that "politicians and others in high places could regret any involvement by the FBI in the investigations at SSL Ltd, given that such involvement will be thorough, professional and fair".

Rattigan said while the scope of the involvement of the FBI in the investigations is not immediately known, "it will certainly look to determine if there are any connections with the missing funds and the United States".

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/ssl-turn-off/
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Them nuh have to worry. FBI going to Bring down Holness and his labourite friend, after all a dem a run SSL, right X?

Investment can be a risk even in the great America. You have to do your homework and take a chance whether in Jamaica, US or China. Have they heard of the crash of SVB over the weekend?

The fact is there is opportunity in the US and in Jamaica but investors have to do their homework.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

"US Diaspora wary about future investment in the USA" ~sic~

Regulators seized New York regional bank Signature Bank (SBNY) two days after shutting down Silicon Valley Bank as overseers of the banking system try to restore calm before markets open Monday.

Signature becomes the third-largest bank to ever fail in the U.S., behind Silicon Valley Bank and Washington Mutual in 2008, if its assets haven't changed significantly since the end of 2022. Signature had $110 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, ranking 29th among U.S. banks. It had $88 billion in deposits as of that date, and approximately 89.7% were not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

12 % of deposits are insured by the federal government, are any SSL deposits insured by the BOJ ?. Why would you make such a idiotic post to insinuate the two are alike ? . One went bankrupt because of scamming , the other because it can't pay it's debt , furthermore deposits in the USA are insured up to $250k. The only reason I believe you posted this i is to deflect criticism from the green party.

Yuh corrupted like Dem Jangle
        Last edited by Sir X; March 13, 2023, 06:11 PM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          Them nuh have to worry. FBI going to Bring down Holness and his labourite friend, after all a dem a run SSL, right X?

Investment can be a risk even in the great America. You have to do your homework and take a chance whether in Jamaica, US or China. Have they heard of the crash of SVB over the weekend?

The fact is there is opportunity in the US and in Jamaica but investors have to do their homework.
          I​​​​​​I have no doubt all connected deposits and withdrawals will be scrutinized as per it's use , going in for deposits and coming out. Clown the risk isn't the issue.

Comment

Does it matter why it went bankrupt??? The US government only have insurance on 250,000 dollars in each case. The government and company is trying to sell the bank and it assets to get back people money, same will be done in SSL case to recover some of the money. The bank went under because of the run on funds.

You are all over the place. The article speak of investment risk in Jamaica, there is still that risk in America, and China. Not much different.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/s...232332699.html

Comment

https://www.fitchratings.com/researc...ble-09-03-2022

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                  12 % of deposits are insured by the federal government, are any SSL deposits insured by the BOJ ?. Why would you make such a idiotic post to insinuate the two are alike ? . One went bankrupt because of scamming , the other because it can't pay it's debt , furthermore deposits in the USA are insured up to $250k. The only reason I come come up with is to deflect criticism from the green party.

Yuh corrupted like Dem Jangle
                  You're the corrupted one. You made up your own headline which is different from the article to support your agenda and propaganda. The Jamaican Diaspora organizations are like peacocks... a lot of preening and sense of self-importance. The only type of "investments" in Jamaica that many ofus who migrate overseas to first world countries do, is buying a house in Jamaica or remittances. Very few actually invest real money into business ventures that hire enough Jamaicans to make a difference.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

No man we invest in Cash Plus and what the other one name again?

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post

You're the corrupted one. You made up your own headline which is different from the article to support your agenda and propaganda. The Jamaican Diaspora organizations are like peacocks... a lot of preening and sense of self-importance. The only type of "investments" in Jamaica that many ofus who migrate overseas to first world countries do, is buying a house in Jamaica or remittances. Very few actually invest real money into business ventures that hire enough Jamaicans to make a difference.

Says the bredda who doesn't care about corruption as long as there is perceived progress.,

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        Does it matter why it went bankrupt??? The US government only have insurance on 250,000 dollars in each case. The government and company is trying to sell the bank and it assets to get back people money, same will be done in SSL case to recover some of the money. The bank went under because of the run on funds.

You are all over the place. The article speak of investment risk in Jamaica, there is still that risk in America, and China. Not much different.
                        The poster boy for cognitive dissonance says I am all over the place...lol.. You can't make this up ,even if you tried

Comment

Working...
                        X