plans for coffee innovation town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plans for coffee innovation town

So I’m currently in JamDown spending some money on trinkets, water jellies and roadside food. HL, just so that you know, the proper way to eat and East Indian mango is to make sure the seed is white before you throw it away. So I was at Frenchman’s Cove Beach in Portie where I met an Indian couple from North Carolina. They were there with their three children. They were spending ten days in the island. They landed in Mobay, stayed in Negril before moving to Portland on their way to Kingston where they’ll leave out. They wanted to experience the authenticity of the island away from the touristsy spots. In summarizing, the wife kept asking me where she could get some Blue Mountain coffee to buy as she was in love with the taste. I told her about the tour to the Blue Mountain coffee factory which she would have been interested to go if she didn’t have her teenage kids with her. We’re barely tapping into tourism here.

On another note, construction is off the chains.

Jamaica’s Tourism Minister Edmund Bartlett has announced plans to harness the potential of Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee to stimulate economic growth and benefit local communities through the creation of a unique, experiential tourism product. Bartlett’s vision for this includes the creation of a coffee innovation town in St Andrew or Portland, which would serve as a hub for showcasing the diverse attributes of this world-famous product.

Bartlett made this announcement on Saturday during the 6th annual Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee Festival, highlighting the importance of coffee to the Jamaican economy and the country’s cultural identity.

https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...nnovation-town
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Was in Negril Jamaica bout 3 weeks ago. Drove bout 1 hour to Hopewell to buy east Indian and julie mangoes . The Julie's were excellent. East Indian were eatable, not excellent. Not mangoes season.....

Heading back end of month, this time I hope the East Indian will be better.

As for Coffee...must start my day with any Jamaican Coffee. Hope the initiative by Minister Bartlett is successful.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

• Karl
      Karl commented
      Editing a comment
      Good for you!
      ...and I hope both you and Jangle took the opportunity to jump off the cliff at the World Famous Rick's Cafe?
      Not sure I would try it now. Time has moved on...

Carib Cement makes record profit in 2022

CARIBBEAN CEMENT Company (CCC), the sole manufacturer of cement in Jamaica, revealed a lukewarm outlook amid making a record $5.3 billion in profit for its December 2022 year-end.

The profit haul was 24 per cent more year on year amid ongoing global challenges. The company stated that it plans to manage costs going forward.

“We will ensure that our operations remain resilient by employing sound cost management strategies in this challenging economic environment,” stated CCC in the preface to its financials. “Additionally, we expect to have a similar or better level of productivity and efficiency of the kiln [plant] in the future on completion of our planned major maintenance in 2023.”

https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...rd-profit-2022
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Jangle on Blue Mountain coffee. You know it is illegal to sell it if you don't have a license even if you grow it. At one stage only Ronnie Thwaites could sell it in Jamaica with his Jublum coffee. Still only a restricted few can sell it. You would think you would have some Jamaica coffee shops and with tasting of low land, high land and Blue Mountain coffee. Nobody in Portland can't sell it and what use the happen sometimes the middleman was accused of mixing Blue Mountain coffee with high mountain. It is a long story and I think I have told it on the forum before.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Funny thing when I came to live in Florida in 2005 I could find Blue Mountain Coffee in the 'ethnic' stores in Port St Lucie. Now only High Mountain Coffie.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
        X