X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Jangle word on the street is we don't have workers

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/late...illed-workers/

Cant say we never warn them.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Sass, I’m currently in JamDown seeing and hearing it firsthand. These youths don’t want to work. Their excuses are endless. Firstly, coming through MoBay airport was a case of exercising patience due to the volume of passengers. I counted ten flights which landed around the same time as mine from NY. We stayed at RIU Ochi and it was full. The staff was stretched.

Hotels hit pause on day passes

AS families gear up for festive getaways during Christmas and new year, a surprising twist awaits those relying on day passes for hotel experiences. Many hotels are putting a temporary halt on the issuance of day passes, turning the holiday season into a unique challenge.

"We have already discontinued day passes for the rest of the year because of high occupancy. And when I said high occupancy, I mean 100 per cent and over," revealed Carlington Price, the public relations manager at RIU Hotels & Resorts.

He shed light on the situation, acknowledging the need to prioritise the satisfaction of in-house guests. Price explained to the Jamaica Observer that day passes are not entirely off the table but are contingent on occupancy levels. The challenge becomes evident when hotels experience full occupancy, particularly during peak seasons like Christmas.

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busi...on-day-passes/

Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Wow that is good (bad) for the day passers, yeah it seem like tourism bursting at the seem, Having some more hotels coming online. The investors keep on saying they need a few good men. People better get trained.

• Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Montego bay airport needs to something about what you spoke about (Jangle)

The processing area is often times very crowded at peak hours. I have spent well over 2 hours in this area.
        Can you imagine a visitor for the first time....their impressions....?

Still, I was there over the Thanksgiving weekend, and it was crowded but moved rapidly.

I stayed at the Iberostar Grand, and it was busy but not filled.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I did spend over two hours from getting off the plane, going through customs, getting my bags and stepping outside the airport, even with the new machines. However, I temper my critiques because I see ongoing efforts towards improving that situation. Actually, I read that the next day after my arrival, they were testing out the new e-gates. On the contrary though, getting through the departure process was very smooth despite seeing the same volume as the arrivals. The most significant improvement that the airport ownership can make after the completion of the expansion, is to increase and implement proper signage throughout the airport to eliminate human personnel. Many (I don't want to generalize) Jamaicans in the service capacity, confuse service with servitude. They are rude and abrasive.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Heard on the radio the PM saying anyone who needs a job and is active looking can get one. He said jobs are there for everyone.

Comment

"Our biggest challenge here in Jamaica has been getting staff who show up to work, who are interested, who show passion, who are willing to learn," Sohan lamented. "So that's been a big fight. I actually did bring a couple of Trinidadians who stayed for a few months. But it is very costly. We have been running without the necessary hands on deck that we would need to be able to really be open seven days a week to the public and fulfill all the requests that we've been having. Right now we literally have one permanent staff member."

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busi...ad-to-jamaica/

Comment

Working...
              X