Tourism effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourism effect

So Jangle I hear that Jamaica short of rum and beer and HTB a build a big factory a Jamaica. This is the cause and effect of a growing tourism market.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

The genius economists dem disappear off a the forum. This debate started four years ago, with the crooks of the argument being about the practicality of transforming Jamaica's economy into a stem driven vs expanding Tourism. Look at some of the things that has happened in four years since the major investments in Tourism.

New beginning for St Thomas

Already, the year 2024 is shaping up to be the dawn of a new era in St Thomas, with significant improvements in the road infrastructure set to attract major investments to the eastern parish.

The Government’s Southern Coastal Highway Improvement Project (SCHIP) is now at an advanced stage and this has meant many kilometres of four-lane roadways, smooth asphalted surfaces, stoplights, streetlights, and scenic views.

https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...ning-st-thomas
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Now tourism is bursting at the seems. Just need to make sure some of the local markets and shop get some of the dollars.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Big push for US$1b Harmony Cove development to break ground in 2024

Tourism Minister Edmund Bartlett has indicated that the US$1-billion Harmony Cove development is being fast-tracked and ground should be broken within the next 11 months for work to begin on the project.

Speaking with The Gleaner from Madrid, Spain, Bartlett said all indications point to a start of the Harmony Cove project in 2024.

“There are some details still to be worked out and while I cannot give a date for the groundbreaking, everything points to it happening this year,” he said.

Anand said small investors would be the main focus for investment in the project.

He added that the project will employ some 4,000 Jamaicans at salaries much higher than what is currently being paid in the tourism industry in the island.

Anand further boasted that Harmony Cove will be a multi-phase development with phase one having a multibillion-dollar investment.

https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...ak-ground-2024
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
        X