This business of One Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This business of One Love

[B]Jamaica does not have a shortage of armchair experts. This has clearly been in evidence since the premi
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Not certain where you're going with this, but I enjoyed the movie. I was fascinated with the way the song Exodus came to life (if the story is true).
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

This business of One Love

Jamaica does not have a shortage of armchair experts. This has clearly been in evidence since the premiere of the Marley biopic, One Love. Never has so much been heard from so many who know so little.

Let me hasten to say, however, that it is not my intention to determine how anyone should speak on a particular issue of public importance. I certainly do not subscribe to the notion that only “experts” should have a right to their opinions.

However, I believe that if one is desirous of making public pronouncements on a supposedly important issue, one should at least apprise oneself of the facts.

Sadly, many of us have been consumed by the sideshows and the morality plays and have lost sight of the big picture. I have stated elsewhere that my fervent hope is that One Love will secure a major financial return on investment. Let me hasten to point out, however, that I have no direct fiduciary interest in this project and I am not in the pocket of Paramount, or the Marleys for that matter. I want to see the venture succeed because of the long-term implications of such a development for the Jamaican motion picture industry, in which I have more than a passing interest.

Jamaicans, both here and abroad, should encourage their friends, neighbours, and co-workers to go and see One Love. While critical acclaim is always desired for an artistic production, a strong showing at the box office is paramount.

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/2024...ness-one-love/
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Man a gwaan like a Ziggy make all the cuts and choose the stars etc. Paramount just open their wallet without any say.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X