Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boys Update

Boys update

Both boys are doing very well and playing at very high level.
    The older one started out his MLS Next journey this season with one of the top 20 teams in the US. At first it was a struggle getting in the team as it had 28 players and a squad of 18 on match day. The team was the champion in their league with very good and competitive players who the coaches already knew.
    My son however trained, worked hard, and started to get in the squad, at first with small time and it increased as the season went by. He played in MLS Next tournament in Phoenix Arizona, IMG tournament in Florida, Atlanta United and Capelli Tournaments, these are all national or regional tournaments. We are head to Maryland and Tennessee for national tournaments. The highlights of the season was crushing the number 7 rank team and on beating Atlanta United U19 team 4-1 last Wednesday. Currently we are the number 1 team in Georgia. My son was starter in both of these games playing over 70 minutes in both. The team had some injuries which affected our season but they have done well.
    My younger one club won their regional cup and is heading to Denver in June for the National championship. He is the mainstay of his team playing centerback, right back, and right wing and the designated free kick taker. He plays 90 minutes every game. His one and one defense is great and he overlaps when playing wingback and is always dangerous in attack.
    My son who plays MLSnext is not allowed to play high school. My younger son played high school and was selected all region, while leading his team to the play offs and losing 2-1 to a very good team. He is feared by nearly all the team in the region and it is quick to hear coaches shouting to mark him or play around him.
    I am now looking into colleges, It is hard because of the transfer portal where players can transfer from other colleges so coaches don’t have to do as much scouting, and the Covid year give players additional year in college so there are many 5th year seniors. We are looking at few interested colleges. We reached out to the Jamaica U20 team but there is too much politics involved and lack of correspondence. On spring break they were in England and had a training with a none leagues side who told their aunt if they were staying they would definitely sign them up.
    I am having fun enjoying my last two years as a parent at the youth level and working with both boys and proud of the work they have put in and their accomplishment on the field and in the classroom. Keep you up to date on the college hunt.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Very good Assasin! You deserve lots of credit. What you are doing is not easy.

I have seen both boys play...and they are talented. Your younger son will turn out to be a very good defender

Lots of credit to your wife too. She is extremely passionate about this game.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Appreciate the update Sass. Wish the fellows well.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Well done. Keep up the good work.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. It is a costly journey but I enjoyed it. I spend time with them and they focus on the game and book work. Made parenting a lot easier for me. Now it is up them to get to the next level or enjoy a lifetime of ball the way I did.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            Boys update

Both boys are doing very well and playing at very high level.
            The older one started out his MLS Next journey this season with one of the top 20 teams in the US. At first it was a struggle getting in the team as it had 28 players and a squad of 18 on match day. The team was the champion in their league with very good and competitive players who the coaches already knew.
            My son however trained, worked hard, and started to get in the squad, at first with small time and it increased as the season went by. He played in MLS Next tournament in Phoenix Arizona, IMG tournament in Florida, Atlanta United and Capelli Tournaments, these are all national or regional tournaments. We are head to Maryland and Tennessee for national tournaments. The highlights of the season was crushing the number 7 rank team and on beating Atlanta United U19 team 4-1 last Wednesday. Currently we are the number 1 team in Georgia. My son was starter in both of these games playing over 70 minutes in both. The team had some injuries which affected our season but they have done well.
            My younger one club won their regional cup and is heading to Denver in June for the National championship. He is the mainstay of his team playing centerback, right back, and right wing and the designated free kick taker. He plays 90 minutes every game. His one and one defense is great and he overlaps when playing wingback and is always dangerous in attack.
            My son who plays MLSnext is not allowed to play high school. My younger son played high school and was selected all region, while leading his team to the play offs and losing 2-1 to a very good team. He is feared by nearly all the team in the region and it is quick to hear coaches shouting to mark him or play around him.
            I am now looking into colleges, It is hard because of the transfer portal where players can transfer from other colleges so coaches don’t have to do as much scouting, and the Covid year give players additional year in college so there are many 5th year seniors. We are looking at few interested colleges. We reached out to the Jamaica U20 team but there is too much politics involved and lack of correspondence. On spring break they were in England and had a training with a none leagues side who told their aunt if they were staying they would definitely sign them up.
            I am having fun enjoying my last two years as a parent at the youth level and working with both boys and proud of the work they have put in and their accomplishment on the field and in the classroom. Keep you up to date on the college hunt.

Coming in late, Sass. Congratulations to you and your boys. Please keep the updates coming. --- btw - If you have profile on your boys you could send that on to the JFF if interested. The JFF appears to be getting better and better at communication.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Thanks Karl. We have tried communicating with the JFF but they don't respond. One of their scout was in Pheonix and said he wanted them to come to tryout in Florida where the coach would be but it seems that was cancelled. Communicating with the JFF is not effective as they don't reach out to you and the coaching staff don't talk to anyone. The experience trying to work with them is not very good.

Comment

Working...
              X