X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologizing for the Jerk!

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...ican-jerk-dish
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

It is not clear to me what they are apologizing for. The chicken or the rice and peas?. The chicken looks pretty good and authentic to me, but as for the taste, I dont know.
    Quite frankly one of the best jerk chicken dish, I ever had was in Lisbon, Portugal a few years ago, and I know what genuine jerk tastes like having spent many days in Portland in the 60s and 70s when my father worked with the United Fruit Company. It was nothing like the knockoff pan-chicken and Scotchies of today.

Comment

Agreed a 100 % ,the jerk today is commercialized fast paced to suit technology.They just paste it with so called jerk sauce ,marinate it for a day, if yuh lucky and grill it.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
        It is not clear to me what they are apologizing for. The chicken or the rice and peas?. The chicken looks pretty good and authentic to me, but as for the taste, I dont know.
        Quite frankly one of the best jerk chicken dish, I ever had was in Lisbon, Portugal a few years ago, and I know what genuine jerk tastes like having spent many days in Portland in the 60s and 70s when my father worked with the United Fruit Company. It was nothing like the knockoff pan-chicken and Scotchies of today.
        Scotchies.....tried it, not impressed.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
        X