Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching young kids

<P class=copy>Passing
    Keeping possession of the ball is critical for success in soccer. This will be accomplished with quick and accurate passing between players, giving the opponent fewer opportunities to steal the ball. How to accomplish short passes:<P class=lists>1. The foot not kicking the ball should be planted alongside the ball at the time of impact.
    2. The hips and shoulder should be square to the player receiving the pass. An easy explanation for younger players is to have their belly button pointing at their target.
    3. The kicking foot should be turned out and the ball struck with the inside of the foot.
    4. The kicking leg should follow through towards the target.<P class=copy>For younger players, you will need to emphasize that the receiving player will be more able to trap the ball if it remains on or near the ground. It is also important that players can do this with both left and right feet, and with both the inside and outside of the foot.
    The most common errors resulting in inaccurate passes are:
    1. <LI>Bad placement of the non-kicking foot.
      <LI>Hips, shoulders, and bellybutton not square to target.
      <LI>Not keeping the ankle and foot stiff through impact.
      <LI>Not following through to the target. </LI>
    <HR noShade SIZE=1><P class=copy>Shooting and long passes: Power and loft of the ball are the two critical elements here. To loft the ball and apply more power, the player should make contact with the ball with their instep or the top of the foot. For younger players, the term ‘shoelaces’ has the most meaning. Here’s how:<P class=lists>1. The foot not kicking the ball should be planted behind and beside the ball slightly at the point of impact. This allows the energy of the forward weight transfer to be generated before contact is made with the ball. <P class=lists>2. The player will need to point his toe to the ground as the kicking foot is moved forward, which will also requiring bending the knee.<P class=lists>3. The kicking foot should make contact with the lower two-thirds of the ball. The degree to which the toe is pointing down will determine the amount of loft influenced on the ball.
    <P class=lists>4. The kicking leg should follow through towards the target.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Sass, Jawge, Gamma, Peter and other assisting development should use this most valuable teaching tool.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

How young should this be though? The thing is I started my kids out young just by moving the ball and have fun. Not until recently I started working with them on ways of kicking the ball.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

COACHING DEVELOPMENT
        For coaches who read this forum please fine the below link to assist in your coaching development as 100's of coaches have used.

http://globalsoccerministries.org/coaching-education

Best wishes,

Paul Banta

Comment

Hi guys
          My name is Aleena I am a new user of this forum site.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleena View Post
            Hi guys
            My name is Aleena I am a new user of this forum site.
            Hi Aleena. Welcome!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
            X