Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIFA has handed Luis Suarez of Uruguay a 9 game and 4 month

FIFA is a joke.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    FIFA is a joke.
    Agree Laz. FIFA is the most corrupt organized criminal, tax-exempt organization in the world, if we do not include the Catholic church/ Vatican complex.

Suarez should have been banned for life.

Comment

FIFA/UEFA and their "fines"

January 30, 2013

Lazio has avoided being ordered by UEFA to play a Europa League match in an empty stadium despite a third conviction for racist abuse by fans this season.
      UEFA said on Wednesday it fined Lazio €140,000 ($190,000 US) and deferred a stadium closure "for a probationary period of two years."

October 18, 2012

Uefa have fined Lazio 40,000 euros (£32,500) following racist chanting by their fans during a Europa League game at Tottenham last month

May 13, 2013 2:23:00 PM

The Italian club's fans aimed prejudiced chants at the AC Milan star during Sunday's encounter at San Siro and Serie A has fined the capital outfit.
      Roma has been fined 50,000 euros by the Italian authorities after its fans racially abused Mario Balotelli during Sunday's clash with AC Milan.

September 25, 2008

FIFA fined the Croatia Football Federation $27,700 Thursday after fans directed racist chants at an England player during a World Cup qualifier.The governing body's disciplinary committee also threatened Croatia with more severe punishment if it did not control the problem in future.

December 21, 2004

ZURICH, Switzerland -- The Spanish Football Federation was fined 100,000 Swiss francs ($87,340) by FIFA on Tuesday for the racist chanting of its fans at the friendly against England in Madrid last month.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

...and FIFA's past record on punishment for spitting in an opponent's face?
        Yes? ...are you happy with those rulings?

...but wait, what about high tackle that breaks a leg? ...happy with those rulings?

Well on the scale of 1 - 10 where does biting fall? ...and spitting in someone's face? ...and breaking someone's leg?

Hey...is it A-OK to consider 'taking a spit to face' as no big deal? ...or a 'run of the mill' violent conduct? ...or in the case of breaking a leg it is just 'a little leg break' forget it?

Just saying...is FIFA a joke here or always a joke on how it meets out punishment? ...and your solution(s)?

Frankly, I think this punishment will not prevent Suarez from biting in the future. I think his biting is not a pre-mediated act any more than striving to reach a ball and arriving late.

btw - Lost in the shuffle is the elbow thrown immediately as reaction to Suarez's action. Will that player be punished for what was clearly reflex act (to protect self from harm)? ...is that not as reflexive as using the bottom of the boots/'studs' to ward off a 'bitch kick'? ...and is this latter not punished as 'matter of course'?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          ...and FIFA's past record on punishment for spitting in an opponent's face?
          Yes? ...are you happy with those rulings?

...but wait, what about high tackle that breaks a leg? ...happy with those rulings?

Well on the scale of 1 - 10 where does biting fall? ...and spitting in someone's face? ...and breaking someone's leg?

Hey...is it A-OK to consider 'taking a spit to face' as no big deal? ...or a 'run of the mill' violent conduct? ...or in the case of breaking a leg it is just 'a little leg break' forget it?

Just saying...is FIFA a joke here or always a joke on how it meets out punishment? ...and your solution(s)?

Frankly, I think this punishment will not prevent Suarez from biting in the future. I think his biting is not a pre-mediated act any more than striving to reach a ball and arriving late.

btw - Lost in the shuffle is the elbow thrown immediately as reaction to Suarez's action. Will that player be punished for what was clearly reflex act (to protect self from harm)? ...is that not as reflexive as using the bottom of the boots/'studs' to ward off a 'bitch kick'? ...and is this latter not punished as 'matter of course'?
          Karl? Or you for real dude? Or is it X's stash influencing?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

What punishment would you give him?
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
              What punishment would you give him?
              I am of the view he should be kicked out of the game. This is the 3rd time and an article was out yesterday with pics of him trying to do the same thing to the same player in the Confed cup semis last year.

Okay banning him for life is too harsh ... I can accept that. How about 2 years? This 4 mth ban is a joke. No wonder him score so many goals, defenders had every right to fear him knowing how he is when he is hungry.

Comment

I am of the view he should be kicked out of the game. This is the 3rd time and an article was out yesterday with pics of him trying to do the same thing to the same player in the Confed cup semis last year.

Okay banning him for life is too harsh ... I can accept that. How about 2 years? This 4 mth ban is a joke. No wonder him score so many goals, defenders had every right to fear him knowing how he is when he is hungry.
                Lazie, the punishment (regardless of how long as we can all have an opinion on that) should have included mandatory psychological counseling at his expense and x months of community service feeding mash potato to old people wid mash mout.
                "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                  Lazie, the punishment (regardless of how long as we can all have an opinion on that) should have included mandatory psychological counseling at his expense and x months of community service feeding mash potato to old people wid mash mout.
                  You think with this reputation as a vampire old folks would be comfortable eating from him? They'd probably think him a fatten dem up fi later.

Comment

4 months is too short I agree.

Two years, I don't know. Has anyone been banned for the game for 2 years and what was the offence? As much as I find what he did to be offensive, there has to be some guideline to follow based on what has been handed down before.

And yes I totally agree with Paul Marin that should include some type of mandatory treatment, and he should surely be made to feel it in his pocket.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

You think with this reputation as a vampire old folks would be comfortable eating from him? They'd probably think him a fatten dem up fi later.
                      DWL
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

He should have been banned from football for 2 years....period! His history of transgressions show that these short term bans has no effect on curbing him.

Comment

Players have to wear garlic when them playing against him

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I think the amount of punishment handed out is reasonable. The ban, plus ban at club level as well as fine is right in my mind. Beyond that, I would think FIFA would be considered excessive in its action. I agree they could have added psychological counseling to the punishment.

The punishment still gives the player a chance to recognize his problem and come good, and to rehabilitate himself.
                            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Two separate issues to deal with.

First is making sure that justice is done and appears to be done. That should follow some kind guideline, whatever that is.

Second one is discouraging him from doing it again. My personal view: without some professional intervention nothing will stop him from doing it again, except a life ban.

Comment

Working...
                              X