No announcement yet.

Raising the bar - part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your claims are circumstantial. You have not seen even one game and you are merely aware the player is not to be retained. That appears to be the sum total of your info. That is an entirely insufficient base on which to make defensible claims.. I'm not saying your conclusion is wrong ... but that it is unsupported & speculative.
    An unsuccessful first season at Preston North End is hardly the arbiter of a player's ability imho

One needs to drill down deeper than that sketch of yours and acquire more info before being as definitive as you are. There could be issues of his style not fitting into that 3rd rate kick and run team, personal/petty issues, indiscipline, injury, non-acclimation to the environment..a myriad of issues

Before you ascribe multiple & speculative negatives to a young, inexperienced player going into his first professional environment and not being a success in Year 1..perhaps you may wish to consider informing the commentary with facts surrounding his experiences at that club
    Last edited by Don1; May 12, 2012, 08:59 AM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
      Another example of what we Jakans see as a top rated youth that just somehow struggle at this next level another example of some skill at average speed, everybody have that from championship up so there is no advantage there, and if the youth is not a super hard worker, team player and cyan box Shyte out of hog mouth kind of youth, then it may be a slow spiral into back to the NPL. I man truly sorry to say that but we not sending these youths with any real sense of what is required to make it in pro ball if your combination of assets turn out to be average or below average.
      It sure is hard to get our Massive/ReggaeBoyz fanz/JFF/entire Jamaica local technical 'experts' to understand the extreme importance of TEAM and SPEED=reaction time (mind and body...physical ability to react quickly and cover ground) and how that must be welded to superb technical ability.

Keamar Daley has the technical ability!
      The speed and TEAM orientation ...obviously not good enough for Preston North End a 3rd tier team in a 3rd tier division! Fact: PNE has decided he is no good for them (3rd tier division/3rd tier team).

I have found in past conversations with NPL teams ' administrators the way their bruised egos are assuaged has them thinking along the lines of - "There are many other reasons PNE does not want him. E.g. Maybe the have an overload of midfielders...? Maybe it is the wrong manager...? etc., etc?"

It as never - Maybe he is just not as good as we thought? Maybe our ability to groom players is flawed? Maybe we need to look within?

There is always this refuge in - It is the stupid professionals at those professional clubs who cannot recognise 'great talent'. No sah, JAMAICA FOOTBALL technical experts know it (know it all)!!! The player on trial is a product/player who as offered is "OFFER THAT CANNOT BE REFUSED. QUALITY IS GREAT!"

Talk about head in the sand
      Last edited by Karl; May 12, 2012, 09:38 AM.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

next ting yuh gwine hear is Tappa ah nuh World Class cause him nevah get kontrac innah 'Top Leagues'

Comment

Somehow the english game has evolved around more strength and speed, in their game at the early levels and on up, that combination is giving an advantage in obtaining results at home at a club level, however when you put it up against the Italians, brazilians, Spanish, argentines it comes up lacking as these teams skill level is superior both from a player and team perspective and they have speed and pace if not strength.

The way the Spanish play, strength probably won't even critically come into the equation, is like them playing another game. The English focus on the speed of play, this is not a sufficient advantage against the best sides.

I think Jamaica can advance to the next level quickly with more focus on speed at all positions and ball control however that will hit a ceiling at some point like the English have hit over the past45 years, dare I say that the closest we have seen to a Truly skilled English player in the last 30 years was probably paul gascoigne.
          Only issue I have with you - All the top tier players and TEAMS are physically strong! I know...I know it is a matter of degree...but was as example Cesc Fabregas strong enough? ..was enough Spain of the last Euros and World Cup strong?

btw - As to relative ability (our locals vs the top tier international players and indeed TEAMs) - I was on the line in a match where a "Jamaica team" played a Brazilian team (Sao Paulo) in 'The Office' (the National Stadium was not then called The Office) when a Brazilian player (center-back Oscar) who was recognised as a 'slow player' ran down and then motored away from a player on that "Jamaica team" (who shall remain nameless - team could have been a Santos select???) who was possible our fastest player/certainly a player in the top layer of our then fast players!!!

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos...Oscar_Bernardi
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Truth is Karl, you are probably right, but the way those guys play is like they are walking on clouds, they are in a different realm, so in my mind the need for strength in the classic English meaning of it seems outdated, Victorian Even!

Comment

Actually don1 you are kind of right, I am jumping the gun, but I am ok with that. As a manager, looking at this youth record, maybe I would try him if I were a manager of a 4th division team, but 3rd or below, I am wasting my time, there are plenty better young prospects to look at before I would look his way, that is just the truth.

I am not completely writing him off, but I am saying that if I were Tappa, I would not look his way again until he fought his way back into a strong role in a championship team, that is all, and now he is a far way from that.

When I hire someone I want someone who can hit the ground and run hard, I want a leader, I demand a leader even if he is not in a leadership role, if my average guy has no initiative and fight and can't hold down even hs basic space as a contributor, me Nuh have no time if dat!

Comment

I think we have heard that from some quarters... ah no... from the penny section giving their 2 cents

All now mi cyaan figget wen im back to di goal line 2 yards away and Brazilians in front and to one next side...den im juss dribble all di way cross di goal mout to ******** like is one park im ah stroll inna...den find di open man wid one likkle pass

Mi neva si nuhbaddy duh dat yet pon dem lebel deh

Die Hearted Genius mi seh
                Last edited by Don1; May 12, 2012, 02:22 PM.
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

wheh mi neba si at dem level is a man a defendah drap pon him bottom from a standing still position and nuh touch di ball..

Columbian defendah nuh play innah 4th Division...

Dat yuh call World Class fear innah man heart !

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                    Your claims are circumstantial. You have not seen even one game and you are merely aware the player is not to be retained. That appears to be the sum total of your info. That is an entirely insufficient base on which to make defensible claims.. I'm not saying your conclusion is wrong ... but that it is unsupported & speculative.
                    mmmm?

An unsuccessful first season at Preston North End is hardly the arbiter of a player's ability imho
                    ..but it certainly gives info on the particular moment in time! ...i.e. conclusions arrived at after that 1st year. Right?

One needs to drill down deeper than that sketch of yours and acquire more info before being as definitive as you are. There could be issues of his style not fitting into that 3rd rate kick and run team, personal/petty issues, indiscipline, injury, non-acclimation to the environment..a myriad of issues
                    If one..even one of those issues you mentioned rates the player not wanted it equates - Not Good Enough! i.e. His ability was not such to cause mitigation in his favour = Not Good Enough!

The excuses thing does not cut it!

Before you ascribe multiple & speculative negatives to a young, inexperienced player going into his first professional environment and not being a success in Year 1..perhaps you may wish to consider informing the commentary with facts surrounding his experiences at that club
                    ...anyway you look at it he just is Not Good Enough to 'force' PNE to retain him!!!

It is simple really - We need players who by preformance DEMAND SELECTION! The only 'out' would he is so good PNE wants *'good' transfer fee for him.

*'good' = It makes business sense to 'sell him on' at a profit ('fat profit')! That of course is the opposite of it makes 'good' sense to off-load him because the player's quality is less than that needed in team!!!

Comment

Quote:

Above quote as per Don1, this may be true, but when you are selecting a side whether for national duty or for the possibility of improving your club then nobody cares about the possibilities of a particular players worth except his family and fans, the only thing they see is a Jamaican capped player failing at a 3rd div club, you know what conclusion they draw from that!?

The real truth is he probably should never have been selected for national duty but that is the state of our game, our best players are third div quality aT best 2nd div and you know what, that has pretty much been borne out by most of our players (national) that have played there fuller and gardener being the exception.

Comment

Quote:

Above quote as per Don1, this may be true, but when you are selecting a side whether for national duty or for the possibility of improving your club then nobody cares about the possibilities of a particular players worth except his family and fans, the only thing they see is a Jamaican capped player failing at a 3rd div club, you know what conclusion they draw from that!?

The real truth is he probably should never have been selected for national duty but that is the state of our game, our best players are third div quality aT best 2nd div and you know what, that has pretty much been borne out by most of our players (national) that have played there fuller and gardener being the exception.
                        Agreed! ...with the cautious statement ...if our best is 3rd division then what choice have we?

Seriously...I understand.

Comment

We have choice Karl, we are being reactive on the use of the player strainer, we are waiting for pearls to emerge, rather than improving the entire pearl creation process. Our pearls are odd shaped, inconsistent some slow some fast some sorta skilled but we re not creating consistent crops through a defined process, we can do this.

Comment

A NEW WAY from the JFF

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                            these articles by Peter with a little more enthusiasm? Some comments on type players needed...coaching/scouting on type players needed...to take us to, not just attending at the World Cup (been there, done that) but to have our Reggae Boyz being credible team in with a chance of advancing out of the prelim rounds through to the 2nd round/quarter-finals and dare we hope the semi-finals?

Is it we are resigned to mediocrity or worse mere "bottom the barrell of dwellers"?
                            Here is one of the best ideas the JFF have come up with?

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...today_11451213
                            Last edited by Karl; May 13, 2012, 09:44 PM.

Comment

As a manager, looking at this youth record, maybe I would try him if I were a manager of a 4th division team, but 3rd or below, I am wasting my time, there are plenty better young prospects to look at before I would look his way, that is just the truth.

Myopic for a manager to limit your eyes to certain divisions isnt it ? If thats the case Wenger would not look at the Toures , one singed , one he passed over , who is now the engine of Man City , while in a feeder league in Belgium I believe.Many other managers have done the same , with different results, thats football.

Fergie wouldnt purchase Hernandez from Mexico and Btw Wenger would not look at Lowe, the same lowe you claim has a poor assist record, of which i disagree.

Point is they looked , you wouldnt even consider it because of which division they played for , the age issue I agree with , because it is a crucial part of indicating development?

Buying a player is another ball game because as we know a $40 million dollar player from an established league or team doesnt gaurantee you success.
                              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Our pearls might shine in other leagues , which could aid in their development, e.g some players are suited for La liga does it take away from their value ? same withSire A and Bundeslegia , the english league is one league , a player not making it there , doesnt say much in my estimation , probably the wrong league for that player, some players cannot adapt to any league or team but their own , does that take away from the skill set of the player ?e.g Jared Borgetti from Mexico.

Mexico is an excellent league for our players with a decent pay structure , higher than MLS and a little above Championship football, yet our players shun it, it is actively sought out by all in Central .S.america, even Brazillians jump on it, yet we shun it ?

A league that would more suit our style of play and development.Biggest mistake Lowe made was turning down the mexican offer because he didnt like the food.
                                Last edited by Sir X; May 13, 2012, 09:30 AM.
                                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                                X