My views on the new forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My views on the new forum

I don't really have a problem with the layout, but I have tried Firefox a few times and had the same problems BrickTop seems to have. Maybe its something in the default brower settings, I don't use it enough to know it that well and I amOk with using IE until sombodyfigures out whats going on.

My main dislike is with the number of forums, I really don't think we need more than 2 at most. For example, how much schoolboy football do we really discuss to merit a separate forum?

I can see where a separate football forum makes sense, since there are times when the non-football posts overwhelm the football ones and this is a football site first and foremost, but I think the schoolboy forum should be merged with the reggaeboyz forum, and have just one other forum for everything else.

Just my opinion still, and I'll be visiting and posting whatever the format is.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

RE: My views on the new forum

Islandman, we appreciate your feedback. First, I have downloaded and tested Moxilla FireFox on my computer and the browser works beautifully, except on two links (recent posts and popular posts).I had no other issues using it on the site. Also, the developers say it is compatible with the forum. I have sent their support some questions forMoxilla users anyhow. Let us wait and see their response.

The separation of Schoolboy football from regular football discussions is something we have been toying with over the years. We have certain plans for schoolboy football season which warrant us having a different forum than the regular football forum. Hopefully, ifour planstake off you will then appreciate the vision behind this move. If it doesn't materialize, then we could just do away with it and keep one forum for football only.

I am glad that you can appreciate the problem with mixing football and everything else. I know we have lost quite a few folks where this is concerned as there were times when we would be overrun with non-football discussion and the complaints kept coming. With the previous forum, we could not easily address that problem without some serious overhaul as we can with this.

Hopefully we will be able to cater to the wishes of more people over time and we continue to grow this football community we come to love over the years. We just have to remember that we the administrators of the site listen to our users and try to accommodate as many people as we reasonably can. See HL got his spell check?
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I'm using a Mac and when I try to use the Display Mode feature to get the posts to display in an ascending linear way it doesn't work.

Anyone know why?
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

What browser are you using? Can you try another browser on your Mac?

Most of thee issues we are having is not really because of the forum per se, but the fact that so many browsers have so many different standards. It is therefore almost impossible for developers to develop web software which some browser will not have an issue.

I guess that is why some developers usually say this site is best viewed with Internet Explorer V4.5+, Netscape 4+, Mozilla 1.2 +, Opera 5.0+.

I also tend not to tie myself to any one browser. If i see some problems pop up with this browser while viewing a site, I try another.

Let me know what browser you are using on your Mac and i will see if there are ny known issues.

Thanks,

Tilla
        Last edited by Bruce; April 21, 2010, 06:38 PM.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla,

I'm using Safari on Mac OS X.

thanks
          "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
          - Xavi

Comment

. . .and what hsppens if you try another browser on the Mac. This will help us decide if it is a browser issue or not. I really know nothing about that creature (Macs).

Comment

it might be that usa logo your are using in your avatar..

Comment

Working...
              X