William Knibb coach wants baller in, but principal plays tough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Knibb coach wants baller in, but principal plays tough

<DIV class=scrolling id=insideDiv style="PADDING-RIGHT: 21px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><DIV class=HTMLTitle><SPAN id=Ar0450000 style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">William Knibb coach wants baller in, but principal plays tough </SPAN></DIV><BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 5px; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-VARIANT: normal"><BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 5px; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-VARIANT: normal"><DIV class=HTMLByline><SPAN id=Ar0450004 style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">By PAUL A REID Observer West writer </SPAN><BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 5px; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-VARIANT: normal"></DIV><BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 5px; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-VARIANT: normal"><DIV class=HTMLContent style="OVERFLOW: auto"><SPAN id=Ar0450001 style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">MARTHA BRAE, Trelawny </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">THE coach of the William Knibb Memorial High School’s daCosta Cup team, Cassman Williams, is to meet with the principal and vice-principal this morning to iron out issues that have affected the team’s preparations for the Ben Francis Knockout and Inter-Zone round. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">According to OBSERVER WEST sources, the team, which that has already won Zone A of the competition and secured a place in the quarter-finals of the Ben Francis Knockout, has not trained since Monday in protest against the school’s decision not to accept one of their team-mates to upper sixth form. </SPAN><SPAN id=Ar0450002 style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"></SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">The team-mate, Dane Johnson, who attended lower sixth form last year, was not accepted back this year. His non-acceptance came after acting principal Roland Powell reportedly decided that there was space for only 15 students and that Johnson, who represented the school in both cricket and football, could not be accommodated. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">Johnson, who transferred from Cornwall College last year, played in the first game of the season, a loss to Maldon High, but has not played since. Repeated efforts to contact Powell have proven futile as phone calls to the school turned up responses that he was in meetings or on a “late lunch”. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">William Knibb leads Zone A with an unassailable 16 points, which automatically gives them a berth in the second round of the Ben Francis </SPAN><SPAN id=Ar0450003 style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">Knockout. The winners of all 12 zones qualify for the Ben Francis, but four schools, the winners of A, E, I and L, have been given byes to the second round. The byes were earned from last season when teams from those zones advanced to the semi-finals. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">It is understood that the William Knibb Under-16 team has also joined the action and are refusing to train in preparation for their competition that is set to start soon, coming out in support of the 17-year-old Johnson,O who also represents the senior Trelawny parish cricket team. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">William Knibb, which was a finalist in the daCosta Cup in the 2003 season, will end the preliminary round on Saturday when they play away to Cornwall College in Montego Bay. </SPAN></DIV></DIV>
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

RE: William Knibb coach wants baller in, but principal plays tough

What's the story, siccko?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

that there is a meeting, surely you got that, didnt you? Or you just being contankerous? The first story spoke of the impasse and this one is an update that they decided to have a meeting.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

<DIV>Looked like the same empty story to me!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>In any case, it is afternoon now, so the meeting must be over. What have you learnt? Or are you going to just cut and paste the Wednesday report for us tomorrow again? </DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Unnu kantankarous bad, a bet you seh if me never write nuttin you would have problems same way..mek me call Cassman and see if the meeting done...nuh seh me seh but I understanbd at least one of the schools the boy attended previously is now asking how come him still eligible to play schoolboy football.

I will leave that one up to ISSA to sort out...
          Che Guevara.

Comment

<DIV>HAHA! This should be fun. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Tilla! Watch di ride!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

how comes you asks so much accountability of sickko and none of your jff friends them.. you too unfair..

Comment

OJ I have no problems being held to a higher standard of accountability, matter of factI welcome it as it keeps me sharp. However I think Mo is being difficultand asking me to make up a story where there is none. I have been calling the principal since Monday and he has refused to take any of my calls so what doI do? Make up a story or go publish the story thatI got off the record?

I guess if I did the irresponsible thing and write the un-coroborated story then you wouldhear a different story.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

<DIV>Siccko, I want you to GET THE STORY, not make up one! Now, stop falling down on the job, and get it, dammit!! </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>If you can't get the principal, get the coach, get the player. Don't make me get Nodley to get the real story now!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>(How many "get"s in this post?)</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

OJ

Maybe Mosiah holds sickko in higher esteem than that of the JFF, hence he's so hard on the lass:P
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

<DIV>But must! </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>(MdmeX, I believe siccko is a lad, not a lass.)</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

sickko - After Mosiah's command of GET, you better get a damned good story, or you'll be singing for your supper!!
                        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

I know , thats how Mo gwan all the time. He wont pick on his jff friends. Is the player a big part of what Jazzbo is trying to do. It seems like he only played in one game of a suprisingly good season so for for Knibb. Is Jazzbo just going on pricnciple here are does he really want him.

Comment

True.. I dont think too much of us have any real expectation of the jff expect that I dont want to get embarrased. True them all my Vincy brethren a moth mi...

Comment

You would be surprised who the 'leak' was for this story- ha ha ha
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X