Harbour View 1 Serbia White Eagles 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbour View 1 Serbia White Eagles 0

In front of a vocal Jamaican crowed Harbour View did just enough to edge Canadian Soccer League leaders Serbian White Eagles 1-0 at West Toronto’s Centennial Stadium. The star from the East playing without their full squad in the first of two pre-season tune-ups should have felt at home as a 95% Jamaican crowed cheered there every move. Goalkeeper Micaud Barret made two splendid saves to keep the Serbian contingent off the board early in the first half. The second half saw more of Harbour view as Kavin Bryan converted from the spot to secure a narrow win.

It was an entertaining evening, and good to see the fans out to support. My concern however is if Jermanine Taylor and Desmond Breakenridge are the future of our defense line we are in trouble at the national level. Taylor although talented needs to work on getting somewhat leaner and execute quicker. He is a smooth and confident player. Lovel Palmer also showed promise and Refeik Thomas was a crowed pleaser. However playing against the best of a bad bunch in The Canadian Soccer League I expected more from one of our top NPL teams. I really did not see any national players standing out or anything that really looks to be the next one or even being able to remotely contribute consistently at the National level.

Harbour view: Micaud Barret, Nicholas Dodd, Desmond Breakenridge, Lovel Palmer

Jermaine Taylor, Anthony Christie, Kemar Peterkin, Richard Edwards, Gregory Simpson,

Ricardo Smith, Kevin Wooley, Loxely Thomas, Kavin Bryan, Michily Waul

RE: Harbour View 1 Serbia White Eagles 0

OJ (8/14/2006) My concern however is if Jermanine Taylor and Desmond Breakenridge are the future of our defense line we are in trouble at the national level. Taylor although talented needs to work on getting somewhat leaner and execute quicker. He is a smooth and confident player. Lovel Palmer also showed promise and Refeik Thomas was a crowed pleaser. However playing against the best of a bad bunch in The Canadian Soccer League I expected more from one of our top NPL teams. I really did not see any national players standing out or anything that really looks to be the next one or even being able to remotely contribute consistently at the National level.
    Damn!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Thanks for the report. How did Richard Edwards and Michily Waul look, if you can remember? Edwards should have been at left back and Waul in the attacking midfield position.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The midfielder youth played well. (one thing he tends to recieve facing his own goal too much , that forces him to paly back and not forward) The left back was a big tall 11 Gregory Simpson.. I hope he had a bad day as I was not impress. The Hview young players did well. I might be bieng too harsh. My brethen just reminded me that a buch of Yougloslavia ex pro and serbian nationals are on the serbian team. But still the crowd support was good.

Comment

<DIV>I am familiar with those teams from Toronto. They should be useful, but a good NPL side should give them a solid 2-0, simply on account of their youthfulness.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Gregory Simpson is not nearly as good as Edwards. (I hope I got the name right.) But he packs a hell of a shot, once he doesn't trip over himself.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Try tek in the other game tomorrow and give us a report. Thanks!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
          X