Rusea’s, Clarendon advance to quarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusea’s, Clarendon advance to quarters

<DIV class=scrolling id=insideDiv style="PADDING-RIGHT: 21px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><DIV class=HTMLTitle><SPAN id=Ar0190000 style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">Rusea’s, Clarendon advance to quarters </SPAN></DIV><BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 5px; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-VARIANT: normal"><BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 5px; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-VARIANT: normal"><DIV class=HTMLByline><SPAN id=Ar0190006 style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">BY PAUL A REID Observer writer </SPAN><BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 5px; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-VARIANT: normal"></DIV><BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 5px; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-VARIANT: normal"><DIV class=HTMLContent style="OVERFLOW: auto"><SPAN id=Ar0190001 style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">FROME, Westmoreland — Former champions Rusea’s High and Clarendon College are early qualifiers for the quarter-final round of the ISSA/Pepsi/JN daCosta Cup after scoring their second straight Inter-Zone round win yesterday. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">Rusea’s, the Zone B runners-up, beat Cedric Titus 2-0 at the Elliston Wakeland Centre, while Clarendon edged DeCarteret 1-0 at Brooks Park. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">Andre Atkinson grabbed his second straight brace to lead the Emerson ‘Diggy’ Henry-coached Rusea’s to their second win and ensured their place in the last eight </SPAN><SPAN id=Ar0190002 style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">as none of the other three teams can get to six points. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">In the other match in the group, William Knibb came from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Petersfield. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">Ben Francis KO champions Frome were forced to rally twice to earn a 2-2 draw with Ocho Rios at Frome Sports Club. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">The Frome defence was to be blamed for both goals, as they played loose all afternoon, allowing Ocho Rios to take several shots at goalkeeper Shamar Mullings. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">Davian Green gave Ocho Rios the lead in the 37th minute when he headed into an empty goal after a left-side cross beat Mullings. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">Obrian Woodbine stooped low to flick a header past Ocho Rios </SPAN><SPAN id=Ar0190003 style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">goalkeeper Kedan Whyte a minute from half-time to bring his team level. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">Ocho Rios again took the lead three minutes into the second half when Shavar Brown scored, again from a header but Kesrick Samuels earned his team a point, two minutes later when he wormed his way into the area and shot low and hard past Whyte. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">Samuels should have given his team all three points, but he missed from less then two feet in the last minute. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">Aston Bennett of Garvey Maceo raced to the top of the goal-scoring tables when he scored six against Oracabessa, who were beaten 9-0 </SPAN><SPAN id=Ar0190004 style="TEXT-JUSTIFY: newspaper; TEXT-ALIGN: justify">after going down 4-0 in the first round. Bennett has seven goals. Damion Mullings and Greg Robinson scored for Manchester High in their 2-0 win over Denbigh, their first Inter-Zone win since 1998. Renaio Do
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

RE: Rusea’s, Clarendon advance to quarters

Rusea's won...and the beat goes on. Special request sickko, continue not to give them any ink, this way way they don't get jinx.

Comment

Me a jinx? oh by...anyways seems they will be in a very tough quarterfinal group with Frome and Glenmuir.

For some teams form some of the better, most competitive zones, Inter-zone is easier than the regular season-- for example Zone B had Frome and Anchovy and none of the teams in Rusea's I-zone group could beat any of them.

Oh BTW look out for good news on Hanover football,they finally have osme referees of their own, about 15 new ones passed their exams recently and waiting on uniforms to start theb season
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

"good news on Hanover football,they finally have osme referees" My gosh man, don't tell me they were that bad, that having their own Refs will bring up the standard(s).

Strange, I would go by Sandy Bay and there will be gamesgoing on, but not in Green Island, Lucea, Hopewell...well.

Comment

There is always a game going on at that little field at Sandy Bay, especially on a public holiday or weekends.

Hanover had maybe about three refs total and that inlcuded your cousin Tubby Samuels who is maybe about 60 now and could not run even when he was 35.

They had maybe six or seven new recuits now including one woman I hear and the former presidnet of the group who had stopped officiating is now back in the fold.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

I see you are calling me out bout Tubby, a worm older bredda hiya, but him way shy of 60, but me get yu point. The best Ref we had was Chappie who moved to Kingston, yes before your time, rathid yu, yea same time wid Princple of Mo Bay era.

Comment

The best ref to come out of Sandy Bay is retired FIFA referee Lancelott "Livi" Livingston. Interestingly Livingston is a former striker for Rusea, Sandy Bay (runners up in the All-Island Competition - think the name wasthe Craven A league), Mico Teachers College,Hanover and in his declining years as a player,Cavaliers Football Club.

Livi is currently serving as a member of the JFF's Referee Commission and its NPLMatch Inspectors group.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I know Livi, there is a NPL assistant ref from hanover on the panel now, Malachi Brown, used to work at Rusea's, I think he is back at GC foster now doing a degree and working from KSAFA group
                Che Guevara.

Comment

If i am remembering correctly Mr. brown was also a past student of Rusea's.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                  X