• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spalding waltz into daCosta Cup semis

Spalding waltz into daCosta Cup semis
    BY PAUL A REID Observer Writer
    Wednesday, November 19, 2008

MONTEGO BAY, St James - The race for the semi-finals of the ISSA/Pepsi/Digicel daCosta Cup was thrown wide open yesterday following the second set of matches in the quarter-final round.
    However, Spalding High reached the semi-finals for the first time in their history when they beat Lacovia High 2-0 at STETHS Sports Complex.

Complete Story ...
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

The 'Daily Misleader' says they still want a point...SIGH, they have come up short when thinking is required..
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko, why is it that we persist in playing matches on fields that are totally waterlogged? I was watching a match on tv yesterday and it made no sense whatsoever!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I guess several factors most importantly it would cost the travelling schools a lot to come back Thursday when the field might not be in any better condition.

The refs actually thought the field was not that bad given the volume of rain that had fallen since Sunday night with the exception of the cricket pitch.

Compared to Frome and Constant Spring they say the Jarrett Park field was in decent condition.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

It makes a mockery of the sport. Time for us to get some fields that have some half decent drainage!

The other thing is, does it make sense for St. Thomas Tech to travel to almost anywhere past Spanish Town to play a match?!? Unnu know whey St. Thomas Tech deh?

Maybe we need to revisit this daCosta/Manning Cup arrangement. What's so special about corporate area schools? Why does the D-Cup territory span the entire island, basically?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well the Jarrett Park field drains pretty well if you ask anybody who has played on it or been there in the last 50 years..ok so I exaggerate, last 10 years or so and I know Mosiah going back to 2000 when Munro got their asses handed to them in the DCup finals but guess what, even if it was as dry as chip the result would not be any different...blame your idiot coach then.

Munro also lost in the 2003 Ben Francis KO finals on avery dry field.

How comes I dont see you complaining when St James High travelled to York Oval and beat St thomas Tech last weekend?

I have no problems with the young players travelling away from home and playing, it helps their maturation process.

Having been inmvolved in football for a long time at the club level I see more than a few players who will score 100 goals a season in their own backyards but once the bus crosses one bridge or county lines they turn into the worst players ever.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

You get so parochial about everything sometimes, Sickko. Difficult having a mature conversation with you. It's not about Munro! And what are you saying - I care more about St. Thomas' hardships than I do St. James'?!?

Don't bother, Sickko. If anyone else would like to engage me in this discussion, I'm here!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Not parochial at all...I am no fan of St James High but if you made the point about St thomas technical driving far when St james travelled further three days before...so you did not balance your argument.

So get your facts staright before you start pointing fingers

Also I took away your trump card cause if said Jarrett Park does not flood you would counter with the fact that the 2000 D Cup final was played under less than desirable conditions.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Crap argument, Sickko. Nothing but the usual crap! Why am I going to "balance the argument" when I chose St. Thomas Tech simply because I know it is located almost at the very tip of the eastern end of the island? It's not about ST. THOMAS TECH! Do you get the point of the argument?! In your ignorance and haste to discredit my point, you actually reinforce it by bringng up St. James High's woes!

Bet you can't even see that!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                  X