Brandon Murray cries foul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Murray cries foul

Murray who owns Brancourt field says ISSA is playing favorites by not scheduling the all-Clarendon DCup semis between Spalding and Lennon at the facility he owns.

The game will be played at STETHS while the other semi-final between St James High and Lacovia High will be played at Jarrett Park.

Murray went to the press crying foul but it appears his concerns is not about the schools and the fans but about his own bottom line- he collects a percentage of the gate while ISSA has to foot the bill for security.

George Forbes the Competitions Co-ordinator art ISSA shot down Murray's claims saying it is cheaper for ISSA to play the game elsewhere based on the standing arrangements they have with Brancourt.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Pity they could not have found a way to play the game in Clarendon. Why are 2 Clarendon teams journeying to STETHS!?!?

On the other hand, why does St. James High get the luxury of playing at Jarrett Park in front of its home crowd?

Yes, certainly, cost is always a factor, but...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Matter of fact according to Forbes it is more cost efficient to give both Clarendon teams a traveling stipend that to use Brancourt...Murray must be asking an arm, a leg and a hip....

I did not see or hear anywhere in the TV cut where Mr Murray's concerns was about the teams traveling which is a pity
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

I am trying to anticiapte some thoughts of non-MoBay people. Well if CC is not there, then St James High gets the usual CC privilege?
        "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

You think it's ok for St. James High to play at Jarrett Park?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes
            Che Guevara.

Comment

surprise!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
              X