X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOOTBALL STAR SHOT

FOOTBALL STAR SHOT <DIV class=KonaBody>

Tivoli Gardens player Craig Stewart - Ricardo Makyn

One of the bright stars of Jamaica's local football scene, Craig Stewart, could be out of the game for a long time after he was shot and injured last week.

Reports are that Stewart who plays in the local Premier league for Tivoli Gardens and resides there was shot in the abdomen on Wednesday during a dispute in the community.

According to a source, a well-known member of the community was chasing his girlfriend after they had a dispute and the 27-year-old Stewart ended up between the couple.

Angry boyfriend

The <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; COLOR: blue! important; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; POSITION: relative">footballer</SPAN> who began playing for Tivoli last season after moving from Harbour View, allegedly tried to avoid the incident but didn't avoid angering the already irate boyfriend, who is alleged to have said he would return to harm Stewart for his interference. The community member returned with a gun and is alleged to have shot Stewart in the stomach.

Brian Rose, the Tivoli Gardens Football Club manager said that while Stewart is in stable condition, whether he will play this season or ever again is up for grabs.

"I know he won't be playing any football for a while because his bladder was damaged. We are not sure how long he will be out for though," explained Rose.

Tight-lipped

Rose was also tight-lipped about the circumstances surrounding the shooting, saying that he had only been hearing versions of the story that he would be unwilling to talk about on record.

"I didn't get any real facts about the incident, I have only been hearing versions and I don't like to listen to those," said Rose when asked to confirm the story given to THE STAR by a resident of the community.

The Tivoli manager did, however, voice the sentiments of the club in wishing Stewart who was discharged yesterday, a speedy recovery.

"It is unfortunate that Craig was shot and the club is sympathetic with him and hopes that he enjoys a speedy recovery," said Rose.

When checks were made to the Denham Town Police Station to find out if a report of the incident had been made an officer said that reports from Tivoli of that nature are rarely made to the station.

"... This is the station that they are supposed to report to, but I think they have their own kind of justice," the officer said. </DIV>
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: FOOTBALL STAR SHOT

Own kind of justice! State within a State! Why didn't this policeman investigate?

Anyhow, lets keep it real, we know runnings

....it appears that Dudus is losing him grip
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

<DIV>Losing grip?! This just confirmed that he is in firm control!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I go to Tivoli Gardens at least 3 times a week. I've never seen a police car even mistakenly drive through the area. Yuh mad!? </DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I just wondered how come someone dared shot a Tivoli baller without permission.

Did that ever happened unde Jim rule?
        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
        X