When is the next JFF election?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the next JFF election?

I am curious as currently JFF have no VP and is talking about hiring fulltime coach.

How can an organization like the JFF function so long without a 1st VP and will the coach be a political ploy to keep Boxhill in office?

What is the true financial status of the JFF as it seems we are in real trouble because based on Boxhill language yesterday it seems the JFF have heavy debt.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

RE: When is the next JFF election?

assasin (8/18/2006)I am curious as currently JFF have no VP and is talking about hiring fulltime coach.

How can an organization like the JFF function so long without a 1st VP and will the coach be a political ploy to keep Boxhill in office?

Ploy or not, we need a coach...so I would welcome the appointment of one - now!

assasin (8/18/2006)What is the true financial status of the JFF as it seems we are in real trouble because based on Boxhill language yesterday it seems the JFF have heavy debt.
    Well...pick through the following Boxhill's position and see if answers are there --->

<TABLE id=AutoNumber1 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#111111 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="51%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="85%"><H1>[quote]</H1><H1>FUNDING AND FINANCING</H1><P class=MsoNormal>The Jamaica Football Federation is currently experiencing significant financial difficulties. As at July 31, 2003, the Federation had current liabilities of approximately $18.4 million with current assets of approximately $9 million resulting in a working capital deficiency of approximately $9.5 million. This means that as at July 31, 2003, the Federation needed to secure funding of at least $9.5 million to pay its creditors.<P class=MsoNormal>The situation has deteriorated significantly since then. At mid-September the current liabilities stood at approximately $29 million with little or no increase in current assets. To survive, the Federation has been delaying payments to creditors and borrowing. This situation has continued and is getting worse due to the lack of profitable games, a major source of funding for the Federation.<P class=MsoNormal>The finance committee has been unwilling or unable to make any recommendation to deal with the substantive issue. The JFF is instead seeking to have unpaid statutory deductions written off while continuing to owe millions to clubs, players, government and suppliers of goods and services.<H1>SHORT-TERM FUNDING</H1><P class=MsoNormal>Short term funding will have to be obtained immediately. Members of the winning team will immediately commence discussions with the government in order to obtain some additional short term funding to alleviate the current situation.<P class=MsoNormal>Failing this, the possibility exists that we could obtain short term funding by using the JFF headquarters building as security on a loan.<P class=MsoNormal>There is an urgent need for the institution of policies which would lead to cost savings in several areas, including telephone expenses, overseas travel, advertising and promotions, incentives and local match-related expenditures among others.<P class=MsoNormal>We will institute a policy governing player compensation, thus ensuring that players are paid within a reasonable time while guarantee that unreasonable demands at inappropriate times are not made on the JFF.<P class=MsoNormal>We will be improving certain operational procedures making them fully automated.<H1>FINANCE COMMITTEE</H1><P class=MsoNormal>We have received verbal confirmation from three senior, very high-profile private sector individuals of their willingness to serve on a finance committee which will be central to our administration.<P class=MsoNormal>One of the critical roles of the committee will be to review all substantive financial agreements.<H1>MEDIUM TO LONG TERM OBJECTIVES</H1><P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Verdana size=
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl the problem with the coach is this.

If this JFF appoint a coach and the new JFF if and when they take over don't like it or can't meet his demand will create problems.

When is the election? this year or next year?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

[quote]assasin (8/18/2006)I am curious as currently JFF have no VP and is talking about hiring fulltime coach.

assasin what are the rersponsibilities of a JFF VP , the JFF had no VP's under Burrell so why have them now

Comment

It beats me how you can suggest that an organization such as the JFF can run without a VP for so long.

If that is the case why not abolish the post?

A VP might not be the president but in any functional organization he/she plays vital roles behind the schene in helping to achieve the president's goal.

Was there no VP under Burrell? or you just saying that because Burrell was such an overpowering leader?

Comment

assasin (8/18/2006)Karl the problem with the coach is this.

If this JFF appoint a coach and the new JFF if and when they take over don't like it or can't meet his demand will create problems.

When is the election? this year or next year?
            I hear you...but, we are years late in preparing for the 2010 World Cup. Are you suggesting we do not appoint a coach and commence preparation after the next JFF Congress - Sept. 2007 - some months after we have started qualifications for 2010? ...or, are you suggesting CB remain in charge for the first preliminary matches and, as we did last time out, with disastrous results I may add...bring the 'brand name coach online?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl that is the reason why I asked, I wasn't sure when the congress was.

If it is in September then it is ok to get a coach no later than December. Anything after January is an election year thing and will not really help the reggae boyzs to qualify because Boxhill and company will be asking for immediate results to look good and no sensible TD will not want to be in that political mess.

Comment

assasin (8/18/2006)Karl that is the reason why I asked, I wasn't sure when the congress was.

If it is in September then it is ok to get a coach no later than December. Anything after January is an election year thing and will not really help the reggae boyzs to qualify because Boxhill and company will be asking for immediate results to look good and no sensible TD will not want to be in that political mess.
                September 2007!

Comment

assasin (8/18/2006)
                  What is the true financial status of the JFF as it seems we are in real trouble because based on Boxhill language yesterday it seems the JFF have heavy debt.
                  More on the financial position of the JFF - <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Article BOXHILL SURVIVES<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN class=verblmed1><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt">Monday, January 16, 2006</SPAN><o></o></SPAN></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">By IAN BURNETT Sports Editor <o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">
                  At approximately 2:14 pm, and at the</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"> appropriate time on the</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"> agenda, Samuels tabled the</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"> no-confidence motion from a written &#100;ocument. It was seconded by Carl Salmon of the</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"> Westmoreland FA.

According to the</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"> tabled document, the</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"> present administration 'failed to improve the</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"> financial position of the</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"> JFF'; had 'not been prudent with expenditure' of the</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"> record $304,379,671 in income received during 2004 and had accumulated over $60 million in liabilities as at December 2004. <o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN class=verblmed1><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt"><o></o></SPAN></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Copyright© 2000-2001 Jamaica Observer
                  </SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Would the above suggest that Samuels a JFF insider could not get in January, 2006 more up-to-date figures, from this 'transparent' JFF, than those of December 2004?</SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">If that is true, why would that be so? </SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">In any case, what is the current JFF financial position?</SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN sty

Comment

Working...
                  X