Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Singer has died!

Culture died in Berlin yesterday.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Another Singer has died!

Sad to hear...RIP Culture.

Another strident uncompromising voice stilled but the message lives on....
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Jah know star - saw him a few times in the last few years

RIP

Comment

RIP Culture.

BTW, what did he die from?
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Sad news! I was a fan of theirs (Culture)especially in the 1970s and 80s.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Joseph Hill has been one of the silent ambassador of Jamaica and Jamaican music.

He has travelled to places many of our artists dreamed of. He is a cool brethren and carry himself in good manner on and off the stage.

He really represented Jamaica well. Even though he has not been on the charts recently but he hasn't stop touring to big crowds and that saw a lot.

Once again big up to another of our icons who have carried the flag wide and far and spread a positive message.

RIP Joseph Hill.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

My wife and I went to one of his concerts in Poughkeepsie (upstate NY) about 4 years ago, and we were the black people there. I was totatlly amazed to see so many white people singing the words of every one of his songs. Some of them I had never heard before. I was only familiar with a few few of his hits..."When the 2 sevens clash", "Every way she see iyah, she waan money". The place did corked!!!!!!
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Rest In Peace!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                X