Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another U.S. player with Jamaican roots

Bolton and U.S. U-20 forward Johann Smith:

"My dad ran track for Jamaica and Jamaica soccer is a really big sport. Both my parents come from Jamaica and it was sort of a Jamaican community where I come from so that’s how I got involved in soccer."

http://centercircle.ussoccer.com/ful...45-281206.html

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

RE: Another U.S. player with Jamaican roots

how many would that be now? too many to count? from mark chung come right down.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I thoughT JohanN would have considered jamaica well its a hard luck

Comment

ok go ahead and pretend you even knew of him

Comment

Knew of who ? johann smithhe is old news to me but hey say waht you want

Comment

oh and Btw has cleveland TayLor quit your program:P

Comment

naminirt (8/19/2006)oh and Btw has cleveland TayLor quit your program:P
              Thing is Triniman, there are maaaany more out there who will aspire to wear the Gold shirt one day....My US born son included.

Do you have a Son in Canada? wouldnt yu liek t have him wear the T&T shirt one day?
              President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

How are you so sure your son would wear the gold shirt one day?? He livies in america there is a good chance he may take up basket ball or even baseball. So if he take up soccer(as they call it) he grew up among yankees like johann and cOry gibbs chances are if he is good enough he will play for the usa if not he will play for JA.:P

Comment

You can listen to the podcast of the interview here:

http://www.ussoccer.com/sights/audio/index.jsp.html

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                  - Xavi

Comment

Smith's game continues to develop at Bolton

When Johann Smith laid in bed on a cold English morning recently, he reflected back on a summer that didn't turn out as planned.

It was supposed to be his coming out party, a chance to shine with his friends Jozy Altidore and Freddy Adu. For the 20-year old, this summer's youth World Cup in Canada was an opportunity on one of the most-visible stages in the world. On a deep, talented U.S. team, Smith was believed to be a key figure.

(continue)
                    - Xavi

Comment

Working...
                    X