Sickko Question for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sickko Question for you

When is it the paper like yours use the title Observer report as oppose to putting the writer's name?

It annoy me in so many cases to see Observer reporter or Gleaner reporter without a name. How credible is that?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

RE: Sickko Question for you

Company policy. Every newspaper has the right to publish or not publish the names of people who write stories. I am sure if you pick up any newspaper where you are, not every single story has a by-line or credit line to it.

The editor/publisher has this right.

Some newspaper like the New York Times has a policy of crediting every story, well at least the last time I checked anyways. Again this is a compnay policy.

I have addressed this issue on the forum before.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Big Balla, I also think that an article not having a Reporter's name should say why news wire they got the story, otherwise there is a credibilty issue there.:hehe:

Comment

Excellent point Assasin.

I have stopped reading the Observer. It's like the Star. <U>It's a tabloid</U>.

The Gleaner is not much better.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
        X