Asafa runs 'only' 9.99 second sin Brussells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asafa runs 'only' 9.99 second sin Brussells

But it was obvious from the replay that the runner to his left, maybe one of the Americans, 'picked' the start and Asafa froze, expecting a second gun.

I dont care how fast this runner's reaction is but there is no way he could have had two strides on the field after just 20 metres.

I have never seen Asafa so upset that he knocked away the flowers when they tried to hand it to him after the race.

What the win does prove however is that he is by far better than any other man running the 100m in the world right now.

He was last out of the blocks but chased down the entire field and blew right past them to win easily.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

RE: Asafa runs 'only' 9.99 second sin Brussells

So when is he going to change his name to AFASA ? A Bajan commentator I heard came up with that one.

pr
    Peter R

Comment

<DIV>Erm, Peter, we have been calling him AFASA for quite a while now, and certainly after his world record, the name has become commonplace, even on big billboards throughout Kingston.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Please put a stop to it. The name AFASA was never invented by any Bajan! </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Yuh mek mi start wonder if "Reggae Boyz" really came from Zaire or whatever country in Africa.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The first time I heard him being called AFASA was by Johnny one of our commedians here.

As for the Reggae Boys I think the name was coined by IRIE FM when they went on that disasterous tour of Africa. I dont think many of us want to remember that particular tour however.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Ok boss, I shouldn't have said " came up with"... it was however the Bajan that I firstheard call him that... I should have realized that Jamaican wits would have coined that long time.

pr
          Peter R

Comment

Working...
          X