Ok ISSA here's a useful & easy 1st Step to problem discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok ISSA here's a useful & easy 1st Step to problem discovery

...re whether or not there's a BIG problem of sports vs academics vs transfers in high schools. Mi tiyad ah di unsubstantiated yappin now... wi need a data solution

Select 18 schools in divided equally by urban/rural ...(total 36 for the math challenged)

You already have lists of their football, track, cricket etc teams. Work with the schools on this project (data is anonymized of course to protect the kids) Noncompliance by schools results in delisting from ISSA competitions

By competition placings choose the 6 best, 6 middling & 6 poorest performing schools to gather the following data:

1. CXC test scoring by subject for each student (tracked by school & sport)

2. # of years playing for the school by sport

3. Date of entry to school and # of years in the school (to track transferees)

Collate those test score results and perform data analysis against:

4. Average test scores of the entire exam-taking cohort within each of the 36 schools

5. Average test scores of the 6 best, 6 middling & 6 poorest performing schools islandwide

6. National Average test scores

Voila!!!.... The results will illuminate a subject that is now unfortunately dominated by uninformed yappin by the ignorant and sour grapes by the sports-disabled
    Last edited by Don1; November 18, 2014, 04:51 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Things really have changed,when I was in six form I do not recall any manning cup players there,I am told they are certainly there now.It is not that players dud not meet the minimum qualifications(the rejected ones had no problem going to college abroad),other students were more qualified.
    You take common entrance to be placed in a school of your choice,what is the requirement for athletes?

Comment

This is so ridiculous! It's fraught with loopholes! Who's going to ensure that a student at a particular school actually achieved a Grade B in PE?!

Don1, stop waste everybody time. Simple decency from the school administrators would put an end to the exploitation.

Do mi one favour, D1, mek sure that those robots that have voice capabilities engage voice hardware with their CPUs before yapping away. Your people may have overlooked that little detail!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

=Mosiah;500537]This is so ridiculous! It's fraught with loopholes! Who's going to ensure that a student at a particular school actually achieved a Grade B in PE?!
        I see you're not familiar with the CXC being an independent examination body... or are they part of the plot too??

woiiie dis rich!!!!!!!!!!

Don1, stop waste everybody time. Simple decency from the school administrators would put an end to the exploitation.
        Hush... Manro might win a tikle soon... Jacks available
        Do mi one favour, D1, mek sure that those robots that have voice capabilities engage voice hardware with their CPUs before yapping away. Your people may have overlooked that little detail!
        Well mebbe nex year...mi juss task dem wid designing one incubator fi di JA health system fi win one prize ...Pls stand by
        Last edited by Don1; November 18, 2014, 05:33 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

your anecdotes are very nice but I prefer data

Comment

I gave you data,you must mean you prefer getting it from someone that did not go to tge school.
            Well then fir the purpose of argument,let us assume automatic slots are created in six form for athletes ,how do you feel about THAT?

Comment

LOL!!!! You gave me data?????????? Mi belly!!!

Rocky mi cyaan duh dis nuh more wid yuh. Dis rinse out areddy.

Mi dun show unnu how hard, impartial data can be collected...without hurting anyone. Mi tiyad ah di yappin about people personal experiences

I'm out

Comment

Why didn't you answer my question before you are out?
                Zero manning cup player was in six form during my time,that has changedneven a zkC manning cup player....
                Fact based information,nevertheless the question was declared to hypothetical,why not answer it?

Comment

Your so called "data" AKA personal anecdote is not useful to me

I believe in the scientific method not childhood stories

Thanks but I'm out

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

Simple decency from the school administrators would put an end to the exploitation.
                    See with me, Mosiah - Please explain and list "the how" on these athletes being
                    exploited outside of exploitation for their own good?
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Continuing to ignore the question blatantly,a question that has nothing to do with what you will accept as data.
                      Yeah you are out but not for the reason given.

Comment

Before we even look at Data, what are the agendas here and other questions that some are seeking, it seems to me that will lead to a quagmire of yapping
                        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                          Before we even look at Data, what are the agendas here and other questions that some are seeking, it seems to me that will lead to a quagmire of yapping
                          Objective data is #1 and is UNKNOWN in this case... Mi dun kno di Agenda ah di Yappers

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                            I see you're not familiar with the CXC being an independent examination body... or are they part of the plot too??

woiiie dis rich!!!!!!!!!!

Hush... Manro might win a tikle soon... Jacks available

Well mebbe nex year...mi juss task dem wid designing one incubator fi di JA health system fi win one prize ...Pls stand by
                            Yuh joking, right? Yuh don't know classwork counts as part of the grade for some CXC courses?!

Yuh yapping now. Leave that to the experts!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sarry...VERY weak

Yuh flop

Comment

Working...
                              X